Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration
Restoration Early 70's and older restoration projects

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
englenation
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Cushman GC400

New to the forum. I have a Cushman GC400 I am working on. Need the origional forward reverse shifter and box label. Also looking for other parts
Stock logos
Shocks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3766.jpg (154.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (155.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (166.0 KB, 0 views)
englenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
chazuno
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman GC400

Hello: I just purchased a Cushman GC 400 gas from the original owner and it is in amazing condition. I love what you have done and now at 63 I have a little time I want to put into this amazing machine. I am a first timer and the cart will be used on the course as my primary ride. Were or how did you build the front window, mine has none and is completely stock. How difficult was to make the enclosure behind the seats? Where does on go for custom wheels? mine has baby moons. Mine has the original paint which is near perfect, original tires still good with no checking. Only thin missing is the card holder on the center of the steering wheel. Does have an up-grade carb - and bigger muffler, they must have been a little loud. Thank you in advance for any help, support, guidance and sources. I hope I made a good purchase. Sincerely, Chazuno
chazuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:55 AM   #3
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Welcome ! A Cushman Golfster 1972 was my first cart I ever had and it was given to me without anything, no seats, wiring, etc. I fixed up and used for years and now ready to do over. Parts are very hard to find, check out vintage golf cart parts. They are very nice. The Cushman rear has a different bot pattern then your normal cart so you would have to purchase adapters that will go onto cart and switch to a normal bolt pattern. This will allow you to use any rims you want. Check out one of the site sponsors such as Jason's that have a lot of choices. When you are able you will have to post some pictures.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
bigirish2
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

I too am new to the list and in the process of restoring and updating my 1975 Cushman Combo 1. I am converting from resistor to solid state and will part with all the resistor stuff is someone needs it.
I am looking for a brake pedal complete assembly, and the bimini top framework.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mike S.
bigirish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Hi Mike,

Welcome, Let me know what you want or assembly. Its tuff finding the framework, I have been looking myself for my 72 cushman and 1980 yamaha g1
Old 04-18-2015, 11:32 PM   #6
bigirish2
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

For now just looking for the brake pedal setup. What do you need, as I am several golf cart facilities in my travels.
Mike
Old 04-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #7
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Good morning. I had a great find last week for my Golfster through a Cushman dealer. They have been in business for years and found the last of their parts buried on the back of a shelf in warehouse. I was able to get both r & l sides complete to fender, and the two panels that go from cowl to bottom of frame all new old stock in original primer. Now I need to find the W shape bag holder panel in back that mounts between the rear fenders. It will be awhile until I can do anything to the cushman as I have others that I am working on before that.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #8
bigirish2
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

There is a dealer posting to Ebay, NOS Cushman stuff...
Mike
Old 07-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #9
mpfield69
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

I'm also new to this site. I have a 1970 Cushman steel body and am looking for a front bumper and a rear mud flap with the Cushman name, drivers side. I will probably need more parts down the road, but would like to find these items first. Thank you, Mike
mpfield69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration