lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: My second G9 clone BB

Dont worry Sho ive been reading its just that ive been very busy at work lately. Looks great.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Syd Barrett
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Nice clean exhaust............wish I could weld, LOL. Looks a lot simpler to do on the Yammy than a CC.
Syd Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Lookin good sho!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Sho when you get done with it you could bring it to the CAW ride next year.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

Looking good Sho
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

lookin good man exhaust looks good too!!!
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #17
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Now that's the type exhaust I have been picturing in my head. Thanks for posting the picture.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1-G9 View Post
Dont worry Sho ive been reading its just that ive been very busy at work lately. Looks great.
I can relate to that I should be able to work on it this weekend, I could work but they said go so I'm going! I have the hangars for the exhaust <$4 at autozone and I grabbed a chrome pipe for the back lol. If I can get the airbox tomorrow I will be all set to get it running. Thanks for the comments, maybe I'll have some good news Tuesday....

Exhaust--Not the prettiest welds I've done, that welder has larger wire than mine and does not like to be turned down that far....but it worked and didn't blow holes in the pipe. It should work like a header its the same size 1"ID into 1.125" ID for the second half then the muffler. I'll have around $100 into it complete I suppose, but what can you buy for that these days lol. Would have taken a while to cobble up something the time savings are worth it, sure I had to cut the pipe down and weld it but it looks like it was made for it and it was. The guy might have clamps for that pipe I never asked. It better be quiet or I'll not be that happy.

I'd love to take it to a ride. Have a trailer for it that I've never used because, like everything you get on trade it needs this and that and not got to that project yet. But been so blasted busy this summer its not even funny. Technically summer is over this weekend for us northern people The nice part is I got to borrow the other clone most of the time my cart is down, and even wound the spring harder its got more midrange take off now. If I can figure out how to mount this spring I have in the clutch....after I get the engine in of course. I'd like to get it to pull the front, but we will see it may not work. I think it has the beans or it will spin instead but the stock clutch will not get quite enough rpm there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Day and a half and I got it running, it started right up. I had to temp the stock airbox on it so that is not going to help performance and I can't jet the carb yet, but I need to break it in anyway. It runs ok I can feel it surge some at full throttle, figure its not quite as quick as the other clone but well as I expected out of the box. I peeled the tires some trying to put some hours on it.

Far as the muffler well, it is not exactly quiet but it is better than the turbo muffler on the other cart. If you drive steady speed it is not loud at all, but if you hammer it the thing barks back at you something like lawnmower levels at full load. It also has this funny backpressure tone when you let off the gas at speed, maybe from the header I don't know. I have no tailpipe, I slapped a chrome end on it and that is it...so to be fair to the muffler it might be better with a tail pipe.

There is not much engine noise like some complain about, I can hear some valvetrain noise or something but it is not very loud.

I tried a spring in the clutch but it did not seem to change much, does have a little more snap with it but not much difference like I had hoped. Have some good pics to sort through, some of the throttle linkage others have asked about. I took video but it may not have turned out that great will have to check it.

Yeah, sure was happy to get it going
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

Way to go SHO
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps