lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Random Oil light

I've noticed when i drive my cart for an extended length of time with the RPM's up for a while my oil light will come on. I double check the level and its over the full mark. I assume just after an extended length of time the oil get thrown into the top of the motor and is just slow to drain back down?? I'm not over reving as the rev limited is still intact.

Anyone else see this with their Kawasaki FE motors?

Perhaps a bit thinner oil? I'm running conventional 10w-30.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2020, 08:58 AM   #2
Xwell
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Random Oil light

Could be the engine angle? Did you flip the snubber mount when you lifted the cart? I have a DS limo with a 6" lift and the oil light would blink on and off randomly when driving. When I checked the level, it was in range, but the light would flicker on and off. The angle of the engine after the lift (rear lower, front higher) caused the oil to gather towards the rear of the engine, letting the oil level around the sensor drop when running and the oil was being pumped throughout the block. I flipped the snubber mount on the front of the cradle, basically lowering the front of the engine and the light hasn't come on since.
Xwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:06 AM   #3
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah, my engine cradle is lowered. Not sure what it's deal is.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:42 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The way the oil level sensor is mounted if the engine is tipped back more than the normal angle the oil level around the sensor makes the sensor sit low enough that it will turn the light on when the engine has been running for a little while.
The sensor angle can be changed slightly to account for that, but that requires taking the front cover off the engine and modifying the sensor mount bracket.

Easier to build an extension bar for the front snubber mount so the engine sits more level.
Or just add a hair more oil to keep the light off.
You don't want to go any thinner on the oil in TX hot climate.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car