lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #1
enriched
Not Yet Wild

Default HPEVS Lithium kit?

Anyone have experience with the HPVE lithium battery kit? Comes with BMS and charger. 140ah is around $5k! Cons to consider...(other than price)? Going in a 2008 EZGO RXV with the 48v 4-12v system. Horrible runtime. Barely gets through 18 holes with good batteries. Other option is a 6-8volt conversion. Thoughts???
enriched is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2020, 03:39 PM   #2
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Re: HPEVS Lithium kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enriched View Post
Anyone have experience with the HPVE lithium battery kit? Comes with BMS and charger. 140ah is around $5k! Cons to consider...(other than price)? Going in a 2008 EZGO RXV with the 48v 4-12v system. Horrible runtime. Barely gets through 18 holes with good batteries. Other option is a 6-8volt conversion. Thoughts???
That is a high price for lithium, there are cheaper options out there. I was looking at and waiting on lithiums for months finally went with replacing my 6 8 volt batteries. Cost me around $800 for Trojans, played 45 holes yesterday. That being said I would have stayed out longer if batteries would have lasted longer, days like that I wish I would have gone with lithium.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I am really wanting to pull the trigger on the lithium. However I do not understand them. Are they drop in's? do you buy 6-8v lithium batts or one 48 volt cell? I am at the point of needing batts. I too, like to play 45 when I can but I am limited because of the pack starting to go.

I agree with your response, 5k is a lot for lithium...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Why not the Rowpow drop in's.?They run about $1,900
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:36 PM   #5
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bama Brad. With those drop in's can I use the same charger? E.R.I.C When you say drop in's are you saying 4 12v'S ? again I am new at the lithium side of things so I am sorry for the silly questions
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:16 PM   #6
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by subby44 View Post
Bama Brad. With those drop in's can I use the same charger? E.R.I.C When you say drop in's are you saying 4 12v'S ? again I am new at the lithium side of things so I am sorry for the silly questions
Search for lithium builds on this site and you will learn much!! I built my own 58V Lithium ion battery using Nissan Leaf cells (in a 48v RXV) using the information I got on here. I’ll never run SLAs again. Cost $1800 total for 30 to 40 miles per charge.
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I believe that they come with charger and BMS. If you are inclined, you can do a build for yourself probably cheaper (many threads on this forum for that). I just don't trust myself for that...I'll be getting a Rowpow soon as this corona is over. Here's a thread that you can see a lot of discussion...

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160950
Old 05-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #8
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

You can also search "Rowpow" and it'll pull up a lot of threads on these packs. It's the only drop in and plug and go that I have seen that is up to speed for carts. These are realatively new to the market, but the guys that have gotten them on this forum have all been very happy with them (so far). I haven't seen any negative feedback on them as of yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO