lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
SoCalAngler
Not Yet Wild

Default Advice needed on cart selection

Hello all--

Looking for a used golf cart that can be upgraded with aftermarket parts/accessories. I believe I need an electric cart, as I will be using it in state parks, campgrounds, RV parks, etc. I would like to consider a gas cart as I have a toyhauler with 28 gals of fuel, but do not want to tow it to a campground only to find out that gas carts are not allowed.

Therefore, the cart would have to be street legal in CA

My intended uses:

1. Around my neighborhood with a few hills

2. Carry typically 2 persons...400# (son and I) and on occasion 4, 700#(me, wife, and two sons)

3. Would like to take with me on camping trips loaded in my toyhauler. State parks require CA DMV registration with plates.

4. May want it to be lifted (not necessary now, but perhaps in future)

5. As long a range as possible between charges. 20-25 mph would be great.

NOTE: I have a 15yo son with Autism who loves motorcycles/quads! He had a small 50cc one back when he was 7-9 and rode it on our 3/4 acre property.
Wife and I decided not to allow him to ride these for fear of accidents/personal injury.

I would like to teach him to drive the golf cart in as safe a manner as possible.....Empty dirt lots, parking lots, all nearby our home.
So......what carts should I be looking at?

There are new Evolution carts (48V) being sold for around $6500 here in SoCal. Never heard of them and do not know about quality, reliability, aftermarket parts, etc.

Thoughts, advice, suggestions on what carts I should be considering.
I do not know anything about AC/DC motors, 6 8volt batts vs 4 12 volt batts, chargers, etc. Basically I am starting from scratch!

Now if you asked me about sailboats, fishing boats, fishing....well I'm pretty well versed in these areas

Thanks to all!!
SoCalAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Advice needed on cart selection

IMHO.....Go with the Big 3, Club Car, Ez-Go or Yamaha. There are probably over 20 other cart manufacturer out there, Most are cheap clones. Some are actually decent but finding parts and someone to help out can be a big issue. Several are all ready out of business or on their last leg
In California it may have to be a LSV, I would check out the detail before hand.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'd find a 48V club car DS with a nice body. You can get them with bad batteries and etc for $500-700 all day long.

Get an alltrax SR48400, Admiral MOT-A1 or A4 motor, HD solenoid, and upgrade all the cables to 2AWG. Buy new batteries and call it a day. From there, rear seats, lifts, etc are all personal preference.

You'll be into it for around $2k, and have one bad beast of a cart. All of the important stuff that makes it drive is all 100% brand new. And it will run circles around those $6500 evolution rigs.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
SoCalAngler
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I'd find a 48V club car DS with a nice body. You can get them with bad batteries and etc for $500-700 all day long.

Get an alltrax SR48400, Admiral MOT-A1 or A4 motor, HD solenoid, and upgrade all the cables to 2AWG. Buy new batteries and call it a day. From there, rear seats, lifts, etc are all personal preference.

You'll be into it for around $2k, and have one bad beast of a cart. All of the important stuff that makes it drive is all 100% brand new. And it will run circles around those $6500 evolution rigs.
Great info.......

Now I need to determine if I can get a VIN# for it so it can be registered in CA (along with all the required items.... correct lighting, seat belts, etc).
SoCalAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:32 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

You forgot the part about "replace every single suspension bushing on the cart", because if they aren't crumbled up dust, they will be soon.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs