lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
Gearheadstik
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G3A Sun Classic Build "Party Time Wagon"

I have a little place on the river that everyone has golf carts to ride around and visit each other and such. Over owning the place the past several months i had become tired of walking and wanted to buy a cart also. It's a pretty lively crowd and everyone always has a good time. I started looking around for what I was gonna buy and ran across this beast and immediately thought it would be hilarious to come driving up on this thing painted up and possibly lifted. I know i can't afford to buy on nicer than others have, but may can beat them out on having the most uniquely hideous one. I'm a firefighter with a background in paint and body/mechanic work, so the work on it shouldn't be a problem, although I know very little about golf carts... Never even knew this style was out there. I laugh every time i start picturing driving up on this bad boy. Let the fun begin. Cost 400 and runs, although smokes like a train. Not sure if wore or just gas mixture issues. The auto mix system has been unhooked for some reason.

Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0982.PNG (1.05 MB, 0 views)
Gearheadstik is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
Gearheadstik
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G3A Sun Classic Build "Party Time Wagon"

I've been following a few G3 threads and have found this one very close to what I shooting for, So big thanks to LukeL and what you have been showing as you go... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...c-rebuild.html
Old 08-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadstik View Post
I have a little place on the river that everyone has golf carts to ride around and visit each other and such. Over owning the place the past several months i had become tired of walking and wanted to buy a cart also. It's a pretty lively crowd and everyone always has a good time. I started looking around for what I was gonna buy and ran across this beast and immediately thought it would be hilarious to come driving up on this thing painted up and possibly lifted. I know i can't afford to buy on nicer than others have, but may can beat them out on having the most uniquely hideous one. I'm a firefighter with a background in paint and body/mechanic work, so the work on it shouldn't be a problem, although I know very little about golf carts... Never even knew this style was out there. I laugh every time i start picturing driving up on this bad boy. Let the fun begin. Cost 400 and runs, although smokes like a train. Not sure if wore or just gas mixture issues. The auto mix system has been unhooked for some reason.
The drive train in the cart is the same as the G1. tanks once go through and maintence preformed. Check in the bottom of my post for a link to the G1 service manual. The electrical is different on your cart with the added lighting. The very first thing I recommend doing is a compression test in both forward and reverse.

Fully disconnect the oil pump, remove the primary clutch and pull the pump drive case off and remove the pump buy removing the bolts and the small pin and circlip holding the pump and gear in place. then fashion a block off plate where the pump was. reinstall the pump case and reinstall the primary clutch. Service the clutch while its off.

Mix your fuel between 50:1 and 100:1. What you choose depends on you and how your cart runs. I mixed in small batches until I liked the plug color.

I don't know that the jakes lift kits fit the G3, I would think it would be G1 suspension but no clue, don't think ive ever seen a lifted one.

I love these carts, the are unique and not may of them out there so careful with the body panels. you did good if it runs IMO
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:24 PM   #4
Gearheadstik
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Rear seat from ezgo txt fab and install. Purchased seat after reading LukeL's write up but mine is a fair amount different because of brand ordered. Now that almost through installing, I kinda like the way its gonna turn out. It is a Steeleng kit. I cut the bag mount post and used them to weld top rear of seat to trying to keep off the fenders, being these don't have much structure under them. Arm rails had to be lengthened a few inches. The foot pedestal is welded directly to the frame with bumper removed. Ordered new front seat set before finishing up, so i can judge where and how the rear backrest will mount.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (183.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
Gearheadstik
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
The drive train in the cart is the same as the G1. tanks once go through and maintence preformed. Check in the bottom of my post for a link to the G1 service manual. The electrical is different on your cart with the added lighting. The very first thing I recommend doing is a compression test in both forward and reverse.

Fully disconnect the oil pump, remove the primary clutch and pull the pump drive case off and remove the pump buy removing the bolts and the small pin and circlip holding the pump and gear in place. then fashion a block off plate where the pump was. reinstall the pump case and reinstall the primary clutch. Service the clutch while its off.

Mix your fuel between 50:1 and 100:1. What you choose depends on you and how your cart runs. I mixed in small batches until I liked the plug color.

I don't know that the jakes lift kits fit the G3, I would think it would be G1 suspension but no clue, don't think ive ever seen a lifted one.

I love these carts, the are unique and not may of them out there so careful with the body panels. you did good if it runs IMO
Thanks... are the oil pumps bad about giving issues on these? I do work on lots of seadoos and people are bad about removing them on those, but after learning more about them, they nearly never go out like some boat motors and such did.... People including myself just removed them because of horror stories told about other products problems.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #6
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadstik View Post
Thanks... are the oil pumps bad about giving issues on these? I do work on lots of seadoos and people are bad about removing them on those, but after learning more about them, they nearly never go out like some boat motors and such did.... People including myself just removed them because of horror stories told about other products problems.
There are guys here that still use them. They are supposedly designed to fail full rich but Ive "heard" of them failing lean. Ive seen the system fail on blasters and other bikes. They do require certain maintenance. Remember this system requires the throttle linkage to carb, gov and the exhaust butterfly, exhaust "sensor" to operate correctly.At this point they are 30+ years old and hard to find new as they are no longer available. That said if you have experience with that type of system by all means do it. If I could the stuff new id love to do it.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:07 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

You’ve got the right idea! Looking good. Will be following your thread as well.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baller, gas, yamaha g3
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides