lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
9SecBuick
Not Yet Wild

Default VC625 questions on 94 CC DS

Will I just want to remove the governor arm from the rear end? Also, nothing in instructions about wrapping the exhaust, should I plan on that out of the gate?
9SecBuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2018, 01:52 AM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: VC625 questions on 94 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9SecBuick View Post
Will I just want to remove the governor arm from the rear end? Also, nothing in instructions about wrapping the exhaust, should I plan on that out of the gate?
Wrapping you ex pipe has some good reasons and some bad ones. The good ones are whatever you say they are if you understand what I mean. The best reason NOT to wrap your pipe -- wrapping the pipe holds the moisture from the air - high humidity - rain or snow. It will be like magic with parts of your header pipe --- now you see me - now you don't. The pipe can rust so fast, all depends on what part of the country you live in.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:14 AM   #3
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ventilate your engine compartment and there will be no need to wrap your exhaust.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
9SecBuick
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info on the wrap. Looks like I will leave it be as long as I am comfortable with the clearance to the fuel tank. What about the governor arm? Remove it? Also, I see it says an electric governor (4000rpm) is on the 625. What is the max recommendation rpm range for these?
Old 11-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Sorry I didn't address this in my first post. Remove the transmission lever and hook your throttle cable directly to the engine via the throttle control arm. There's a part from VC to do that. Second -- 4000 rpm on such a large bore engine is good and from all I've read the electronic governor doesn't cut off at 4K -- someone else can be more specific. The 625 is a nice engine - but - as of now there are no real performance parts available. If you want more then 4K and be safe it will need some type of rev kit to improve the valve springs and keepers so the valves won't float.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am not familiar with the CC DS engine bay and the VC instructions don't spell it out for someone like me who has never seen a CC governor. I would assume you can attach the cable straight from the throttle pedal box to the engine governor arm is the cable is long enough. If you remove the axle speed governor from the system you could just leave it idle. It won't be functioning if you bypass it.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #7
RickCC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Rooster is correct, run existing throttle straight to motor utilize VC bracket, I removed the old governor from the Dif on the 2 VC 625's Ive done. If the cart is lifted you should be good, my non lifted carryall had issues with the box muffler, but theres way around it. Looking into flex pipe and a walker muffler for mine. Make sure you put the breather into the air cleaner, other posts suggest utilizing a one way check valve. Good luck, Pics?
RickCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If you have an issue with the header like you think it will make something too hot, just put a heat shield between the pipe and that item. Sheet of tin or alum will reflect most of the heat and leaving room for air to move on both sides will help even more. Also good idea to have the underside of the engine compartment open as much as you can for ventilation, carts with big covers under them run much hotter. I have a small deflector where the header goes by the corner of the bagwell of the plastic body in my cart, I don't know if it got hot, I put it there when I put the header in about 2" away from it. Just a square of alum plate 3-4" wide attached to frame. The heat from the header dies down fast the further you get from it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:33 PM   #9
9SecBuick
Not Yet Wild

The install was very straight forward. It fits perfect the header is tight enough that it’s no where close to the fuel tank. The 625 has plenty of power even within the low stock gearing of the 94.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:25 AM   #10
Armilite
Not Yet Wild

Can the Vegas Cart 625 Accept the Billet Flywheels from the GX390, 440, 460, Engines?

The Crank is 86.5mm Stroke, does anyone sell them Cranks? 74mm is the Highest I have found. 625 (96mm x 86.5mm) 626.3cc. (96mm x 74mm) 535.8cc.
Armilite is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!