lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
RickCC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Another VC625 install

Sharing pics, this one went smooth and a great power upgrade. In my opinion these motors work better in lifted carts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6042.jpg (203.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6047.jpg (178.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6048.jpg (175.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6049.jpg (194.0 KB, 0 views)
RickCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Another VC625 install

Looks good, Im in the process of swapping into a 96CC. Wanted to see if you had some of the same issues Im looking at. My muffler is extremely close to the left side main chassis rail, was yours close too? I am also almost out of forward adjustment with the engine with the belt at the correct tension, do have room to move the engine forward as the belt wears? Mine will interfere with the black box. Lastly, I used a similar routing for the accelerator cable but am only getting half throttle at the engine. Could you offer any suggestions on getting full throttle?
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:04 PM   #3
RickCC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

@superpro56 drop the black box down, as far as it will go to provide clearance from the engine, you can adjust the throttle rod from underneath and you may have to bend it a bit. They come off easily, slide the retainer and should come right off. Yes the exhaust is tight, I trimmed the frame a little, and trimmed the plastic pivot bracket on the axle. Im still getting a bit of noise, but troubleshooting that is continuous. Noise I speak of I believe is either from brake lines, or the exhaust. good luck
RickCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:05 AM   #4
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the input, I will probably need to clearance the muffler some too. I will look over the throttle linkage closely and see where I can get some additional throw.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #5
Ezgo321
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the pictures. I am looking to do the same install soon.
Ezgo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!