lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
vwbuskid
Not Yet Wild

Default Large DOT Approved Tires

Hey everyone, I am new here and am looking at a Tomberlin. They seem to be awesome carts, however I have found out that if I lift it and put on bigger tires, I could void the warranty and the cart will no longer be street legal. I live in Florida and in my city, I can pay $40 a year and can drive golf carts anywhere within my city except a couple major roads. So if worse comes to worst, I'll just use it in my (very) limited area. However; I would really like to lift it and put on bigger tires. Do you know of any larger (off road style) tires that are DOT approved? Another question I have is, how much do you pay to insure it in Florida? I am 19, so if it is really expensive, I'll just stick to the city permit for $40 and lift it with whatever tires I choose. I know this was a lot of extra info and more than most of you would like, but hey, reading is good for you!
vwbuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Large DOT Approved Tires

I'm not sure if the DOT-Approval applies to tires on a cart,since they are considerd a "Slow-Moving Vehichle",usually they are exempt from some regulations(tractors,back-hoe,etc...have Non-DOT Tires).For the insurance,call a few agents and ask them.I Insured my 85'-Marathon for Property/Liability and it cost me $25/yr.My Wifes G16 will cost $50/yr since its' a 96'.Shop around,being under 21 will likely give you a higher rate,but you can also take a insurance-reduction class(If they offer them there,we have them here in NY).There are tons of Lifted-Carts in Fl.I would look into the laws some more.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Lots of DOT cart tires out there, you can even run some Mazda and Honda wheels on your cart if you lift it, but there are some DOT 10 and 12 inch tires, check our Sponsors.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I run 23/10.5/12's that are DOT, the name is Vision VX's

Golf Cart 011.jpg

Golf Cart 232.jpg
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin