lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
sylentbutvylent
Getting Wild

Default controller guestion

for a 99 ezgo txt series cart. i would like to put a higher performance controller in it but am confused as to what to go with. i would like to be able to upgrade the motor at some point and dont want to have to switch controllers multiple times. what do you guys suggest for a stock 36v series cart? ive looked at curtis, ge, axe, etc. i dont want to spend a ton of money, but still would like to get a bit more out of my current all stock setup. also, im looking to lower this cart. i know i read somewhere that you can lower it for minimal cost. does anyone have directions as to how this is accomplished?
thanx-
matt
sylentbutvylent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
MURRAY
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: controller guestion

Talk to Scottyb. He knows the best combinations to use. You can find him under the member list or go to his web site cartsunlimited.com I just bought a controller from him. He has all the wiring diagrams and responds rather quickly to emails if you have questions. He will also talk to you over the phone to discuss what would be best for you. His cable kits are the bomb also if you haven't upgraded that yet.
MURRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Without changing the motor or the voltage of your cart you will get no more speed out of it by changing the controller. I'd start with a Plum Quick motor, 4ga cables for performance and then add a controller if you need it.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
sylentbutvylent
Getting Wild

what plum quick motor is compatible with a otherwise stock cart?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylentbutvylent View Post
what plum quick motor is compatible with a otherwise stock cart?
It's generally referred to as the Bandit but the specs change based on your request. I would guess for about $250 they should be able to get your cart up into the high teens in speed with a stock controller and new 4ga cables.
It's best to call and talk to them Phone: 803-548-7205.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
sylentbutvylent
Getting Wild

awesome doug, thanx!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO