lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2022, 08:39 PM   #1
FPMXracer104
Not Yet Wild

Default Starter/Gen Belt Adjuctment

I maintain 3 carts at a small horse ranch in SoCal, all EZGOs.
One car is a 2013 Valor. I replaced a starter/gen belt in a pinch with an automotive belt which I can see is lighter duty than a cart belt. I had a problem with the belt staying tight so I changed that belt for a proper belt and still seems to loosen way too quick. I have replaced the belts in the other 2 carts and have had no problems, one is running an automotive belt.
What the heck is going on? I can't see well enough but is it possible the SG case wears and the adjuster flops around? I generally don't have any issues fixing stuff since I got my first bike 50 years ago and have an advanced degree from the school of hard knocks and a minor in stupid mistakes. What am I doing wrong here?
FPMXracer104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2022, 08:51 PM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starter/Gen Belt Adjuctment

Is the loosening coming from a wearing down of the belt or a loosening up of the adjustment ? Is it possible that the pulleys are damaged in a manner that would eat away at the belt ?
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:38 AM   #3
FPMXracer104
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Starter/Gen Belt Adjuctment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
Is the loosening coming from a wearing down of the belt or a loosening up of the adjustment ? Is it possible that the pulleys are damaged in a manner that would eat away at the belt ?
Thanks for responding. I can't see where the pulleys are worn. I'll run a cloth over them to see if it snags anything. The belt would be loose the next day. I actually had it loosen the same day once and the adjuster nuts were locked but the adjuster itself was flopping around.
FPMXracer104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO