lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2017, 07:54 AM   #1
noslofivoh
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 20.5x8x10 Tires on Stock EZGO

I just acquired a set of 20.5x8x10 tires and wheels. Just curious if they will fit my stock 2000 EZGO TXT without a lift. Any issues that you know that may arise from these? I know they are a little taller and I should see a little more speed which is great but wondering how they will fair for the torque change. Will it even be noticeable?
noslofivoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 20.5x8x10 Tires on Stock EZGO

I hear 20" is supposed to be the max height without a lift, but I've also heard of people running 20.5" tires on stock height carts.

The height embossed on the sidewall is notoriously inaccurate, so measure them to find out what the true height is, It could be an inch or more in either direction. For example: My tires have 18" on the sidewall, the Carlisle website lists the MTD (Mounted Tire Diameter) as 18.3" and they are actually 17.04" tall.

If they are truly 20.5" tall, you will get a 13.9% increase in speed mathematically and a 12.2% loss in torque where rubber meets road.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
noslofivoh
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 20.5x8x10 Tires on Stock EZGO

Thanks. That makes sense
noslofivoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO