lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
And its a golf cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo stock 13.5hp large enuf for 25” tires

I have a ezgo txt with a stock 13.5hp Kawasaki motor with a team clutch. It’s a 1200 hauler so it has a dump bed. I use it for moving fire wood, yard Debris and stones for wall building. I haven’t run into any problems pulling a load up a wooded trail on 22” tires, but I’m toying with the idea of increasing the lift and trying out 25s. I want to build some off-road trails.
I read that you Loose torque as your tires increase in size. Most of the information I’ve come across is for electric carts or the older 9 hp motors. I know those can be turned into beasts but what I’ve read the 13.5 Motors are more difficult to tune. As much as the Vegas engine swap sounds amazing, I’m one of the few that digs the pedal start.
I’m interested to know if people Running the 13.5 Kawasaki motors have Successfully done so with larger tires and minimal torque loss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2D3B83B1-6A09-4B24-977A-CCCBED9C5CF7.jpg (36.7 KB, 0 views)
And its a golf cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo stock 13.5hp large enuf for 25” tires

Not sure about the 400, but I had a carryall with the FE350 which I believe is 11.5hp. I ran 25x10-12 rear and 25x8-12 front tires with no problems. I could haul a 5x8 trailer with a 6 foot round bale (around 1200-1500lbs) without any problems. I'm sure its not the best for the cart and wouldnt want to do that ALL the time, but it handled it fine. And driving with no load was no difference to me between 22 and 25" tires. Yours has a bigger motor yet, so I'd imagine it would be fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190821_183436.jpg (480.8 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #3
And its a golf cart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. That’s good to hear.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:21 PM   #4
Pipesta
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Why not play with the clutches, gearing, etc?

While I don't have a Kawasaki motor, I have a CT Rebuilds Robin 375 (13hp) in a TXT on 23's with a machined secondary clutch and it does no problem going up steep hills in our campground with 4 adults, cooler, boat gear, etc. You're not going to see much difference going from 22's to 25's.
Pipesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #5
And its a golf cart
Not Yet Wild

I just started to do some research on clutch machining. It seams like a good option. My limited searching shows that g boost and carts parts plus might be able to make that happen. I could have sworn months ago I read a post discussing another go to company for springs and machining for ezgo. Any names would be helpful.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:40 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Just a thought....you could also do some mild engine work. Port and polish the head, larger exhaust, rev kit, carb upgrades....all will net a very good amount of power and throttle feel. Those engines are very under tuned from the factory to meet EPA standards, they are capable of making more power.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:19 PM   #7
Pipesta
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by And its a golf cart View Post
I just started to do some research on clutch machining. It seams like a good option. My limited searching shows that g boost and carts parts plus might be able to make that happen. I could have sworn months ago I read a post discussing another go to company for springs and machining for ezgo. Any names would be helpful.
I'm very happy with my CPP machined clutch & spring
Pipesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #8
And its a golf cart
Not Yet Wild

All great ideas. Its time to start Researching so I know what the heck you guys are talking about. I guess the first step is to figure out how to pull the clutches. I’m sure a quick search would tell me how to do that thanks
Old 01-10-2020, 05:24 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Modding the clutches will help a lot, that typically helps take off which suffers the most with larger tires, and helps lower speeds. Its still going to have same power but use it better. I've put 420 clones in G9 Yamaha and its about twice the power, they say they are 15 hp but also new compared to old tired stock engine with 9.5hp. With a hauler cart I would probably look at a v twin lifan or HF its not a lot more than the clones and would have a lot of torque for hauling....if you wanted to do a swap. You can try to mod the stock engine but few have much luck with it, I mean it helps but not a lot.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:47 PM   #10
4mula1fan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine has no trouble lugging big loads up some pretty steep hills.
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts