lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Resistor got solid state conversion

Last week I bought a 36v club car ds 1994. I am attempting to convert it to a solid state drive with extra parts I had laying around. I’ve never done this before. From what I can tell all I need is a controller and a pot box.
Current upgrades/parts:
Curtis pb-6
Stock 2001 club car controller
400 amp HD solenoid
Plum quick high torque grizzly motor
2 awg cables
Future upgrades:
48 v battery pack
Reverse contractor style F/R switch
Alltrax controller
Are there any of you who have done this conversion who can provide me with advice going forward.
Also I’m curious to where you mounted the cirtus pb-6. It’s looking like the throttle linkage will need to be extended? I wish I had the funds to just buy scottys conversion kit. But I’m in college so piecing it together will have to do lol
Will post pictures of progress through the build.
huntingcart2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Resistor got solid state conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingcart2393 View Post
Last week I bought a 36v club car ds 1994. I am attempting to convert it to a solid state drive with extra parts I had laying around. I’ve never done this before. From what I can tell all I need is a controller and a pot box.
Current upgrades/parts:
Curtis pb-6
Stock 2001 club car controller
400 amp HD solenoid
Plum quick high torque grizzly motor
2 awg cables
Future upgrades:
48 v battery pack
Reverse contractor style F/R switch
Alltrax controller
Are there any of you who have done this conversion who can provide me with advice going forward.
Also I’m curious to where you mounted the cirtus pb-6. It’s looking like the throttle linkage will need to be extended? I wish I had the funds to just buy scottys conversion kit. But I’m in college so piecing it together will have to do lol
Will post pictures of progress through the build.
Instead of fabricating a way to mount the PB-6, there is a resistor kit available to bolt onto your existing V-glide that will turn it into a 5k-0 potentiometer. That would be a much easier install.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Instead of fabricating a way to mount the PB-6, there is a resistor kit available to bolt onto your existing V-glide that will turn it into a 5k-0 potentiometer. That would be a much easier install.
Can you provide a name or link to this kit? I have yet to find it. Thanks
Old 01-13-2020, 06:28 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingcart2393 View Post
Can you provide a name or link to this kit? I have yet to find it. Thanks
That's because that's not it's intended purpose. The resistor kit is a replacement resistor package intended to replace bad resistors on the back of the multi-step potentiometer of a 48 volt solid state car. They were never sold with the intentions of being used as a conversion kit. The V-Glide in your 36 volt resistor cart is the exact same piece as the multi-step potentiometer, minus the resistors. I use them all the time and they work great. Let me know if you need any more information.

OEM# 101971101 Resistor Kit
Old 01-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #5
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
That's because that's not it's intended purpose. The resistor kit is a replacement resistor package intended to replace bad resistors on the back of the multi-step potentiometer of a 48 volt solid state car. They were never sold with the intentions of being used as a conversion kit. The V-Glide in your 36 volt resistor cart is the exact same piece as the multi-step potentiometer, minus the resistors. I use them all the time and they work great. Let me know if you need any more information.

OEM# 101971101 Resistor Kit
Is it just several 1k resistors ?
Old 01-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #6
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is what I did when I converted my resistor cart to solid state. I bought resistors of the correct values off ebay and installed them in my old v-glide.

V-Glide converted to 3 wire multistep potentiometer.jpg

Multi Step Potentiometer Resistor Values.jpg
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
That is what I did when I converted my resistor cart to solid state. I bought resistors of the correct values off ebay and installed them in my old v-glide.

Attachment 196370

Attachment 196371
That's exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:39 PM   #8
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:

Attachment 196370

Attachment 196371
Okay thanks. The wires leaving the box. Where are they running to? The wiring on the cart was all kinds of messed up so I’m starting from scrap
Old 01-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #9
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:

Attachment 196370

Attachment 196371
Can you give me some guidance on where to wire everything. Mainly needing to know where the wires for the v glide go to. I assume they now go to the controller? I’m a little lost. I’ve got the new resistor kit installed and the solenoid mounded. Starting to wire now
Old 01-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #10
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:

Attachment 196370

Attachment 196371
Can you give me some guidance on where to wire everything. Mainly needing to know where the wires for the v glide go to. I assume they now go to the controller? I’m a ltitle lost. I’ve got the new resistor kit installed and the solenoid mounded. Starting to wire now
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car