lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
Warlordsix
Not Yet Wild

Default Porting

Okay, guys, above is a photo of my work this evening. I ported the head. I chose this photo because it clearly shows the difference between ported and stock...i.e., the intake has been ported in the photo and the exhaust has not yet been ported in the photo. The difference can clearly be seen in the area around the valve guide; notice the much greater amount of aluminum around the base of the exhaust valve guide (on the left of the photo) as compared to the much smaller amount remaining (after porting) around the intake valve guide (on the right side of the photo). Also, and arguably more important, is the work I did on the short-side radius. Stock was abrupt with a hard-edge 90 degree corner on the short side as turned downward toward the valve seat. I smoothed all of that and rounded the hard, abrupt edges on the short side. Since this is my first port job, I can certainly not claim to be an expert, but most of the real experts believe the short side is where real improvement can be made. Unfortunately you will have to take my word for it, because I can't get a good photo of the work I did on the short side.

The photo below is after I put some work into the exhaust side.

Ernie

Warlordsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Porting

no pics.
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Oh that's a great pic. What kind of camera did you use. It's so clear and crisp and the definition is lifelike!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
AZZI
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try again!!!!!
AZZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
Warlordsix
Not Yet Wild

Photos should be there, now. I hadn't set my album to public...which explains why the public couldn't see the photos I posted.
Ernie
Old 03-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Oh that's a great pic. What kind of camera did you use. It's so clear and crisp and the definition is lifelike!
Lol, sorry bout that! I was having a bad day LOL!

Pics look good. Did you do any smoothing/light polishing in the pockets and runners? When I did mine, the stock finish was very flaky and bumpy. I smoothed that all out as well as what you did. Excellent results with the big cam from Vegas Carts! Also you can take up to .075" safely to boost compression up quite a bit. More than that I'd get nervous with too much compression and poss issues with valve clearance. If you go more milling use the playdough method to check valve clearance.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #7
Warlordsix
Not Yet Wild

Yes, .050 milled off the head and runners, etc. polished with appropriate grits of sandpaper wrapped around my finger. VC big cam should arrive this week while I am away. That will be combined with the 32 mm KH CV carb that is still sitting in a box on my bench. I'll post photos of the carb in a few minutes. Once all of that is complete and engine is together I will be able to begin work on my header. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Ernie

And here is the carb. I put it next to a Tillotson for scale. Can hardly wait to bolt this baby on.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Sweet! What kind of cart is this going in? I have a Yamaha so I have problems with the arched frame section getting in the way of the carb/air intake. I'd be curious to see how you hook that carb up. I'd love to get a CV carb, just not sure I'd have the room to get it hooked up.

That thing is gonna run very nice!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps