lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default toolbox/storage

Ive been researching some storage ideas for the cart, things like tools, spare parts, snatch block, strap, land anchor, etc. Looks like there is a bagwell trunk available for $200. That's crazy... I do have a clay basket my, local dealer sells a diamond plate tool box custom fitted for it. I have other plans for the clay basket though. My thought is since I have a steel utility bed I could bolt a lockbox from tsc under it and not loose any room..it may interrupt accessing the bagwell but shouldn't be too bad. What do yall use for storage?
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: toolbox/storage

I usually throw what I need in the bagwell. I have the flip rear and unless the kids are with me I have it as a flat bed.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I made a custom box for our ST350 Workhorse. It sits down in the dump bed. On one side there is a dry storage box and the other has a cooler. All built in and secured with sash-locks. Works good for us.

During one of the charity events we take it to, the dry box has extra batteries for FRS radios, ponchos, extra fuel filter, some tools, etc. The other side is stocked with bottled water and sodas. It can sit outside in the July/August sun and still keep everything very cold.

It's all made out of 3/4 plywood with several coats of exterior primer/paint. The cooler has that blue foam board inside it with some plexiglass to keep the foam in place and keep stuff from punching into the foam.
tegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I bought a used snowmobile toolbox on ebay. They have many different sizes, and they mount easily inside the engine bay.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

One thing I've done in the past is made a panel to mount on the upright brackets in the bag well for the dump-box.It turns the bag well into a bin.Then depending on the height its made,you can reach in,or flip the dump up,and access your stuff.Ammo boxes work great too,and they are waterproof.I built a small bin under my seat where the stock air filter away was,and now I store my tow-chain there.I put holes in the bottom so water drains,and a chunk of rubber flap keeps it from rattling as much.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:51 PM   #6
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

so far ive been using an old dewalt recip saw case for tools and spare parts, it sits near flush with the side of the bed. These are all great ideas as well, would love to see a photo or two of the snowmobile box and the bagwell panel. I don't really wanna put to much in the bed because I plan to make a slide in seat for the kids to ride in and I will be hauling with it all other times. I feel like I have the only non-dump bed you can get for a golf cart lol. would love it to dump
Old 03-27-2015, 02:30 AM   #7
hardint
Not Yet Wild

I fabricated an aluminum tray under the seat for my storage , it lifts out for maintenance and stays relatively dry. Now if I had time to complete my stereo install !!!
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Ramunition,How does your bed mount?If it has a frame,and the bed bolts to it,just run 2 pieces of angle iron front to back,along side the frame,and drill a hole in each at the rear for a hinge.Nice and simple.Look in my albums,I have pics of my bed there,thats how I did the hinge,its been there 6years now.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #9
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ill look thought them and see. does it make any extra noise on yours?
Old 03-28-2015, 10:24 AM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

No when I did it,I made it wedge against the seat-back,it doesn't sqeak or bounce,even when I'm out jumping it on the moto-track.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO