lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
indacup
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Thinking of Buying a Tomberlin

I have been a member of this forum for awhile....owned a 2006 Club Car, sold it and now looking at the Tomberlin e-merge.

From what I can tell, even thought the cost is expensive upfront...by the time I buy another cart (like club car or Yamaha) and buy wheels, speed package, dash...etc that the Tomberlin has...plus the 10% credit I get from taxes, I'd be saving $580 with the Tomberin.

So with that being said....can you people share your experiences and thoughts? Is this line up as good as it seems? I was brought up that if it looks too good, I am mising something...so whats the pros and cons of this cart?

The one issue I see is a non folding windshield.....on hot days, that windshield has to be a bitch!

Am I right?

Thanks!
indacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Thinking of Buying a Tomberlin

I had one for a few months. 2500 miles was put on it with no problems. I have a friend that has been a dealer for them for several years and rarely gets one back for warranty.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
mrdills2
Not Yet Wild

Zone

I have had one for over 2 years now and I just love it, you mention the window, but I don't think it even comes into play. There is a little flap above the window that the air come in and its more that enough for me. When it rains you will be glad you have a full window with a wiper. I don't know where you live but you might want to check out the LSV insurance in your state, I live in Florida and the insurance companies found a golden egg and they are really screwing us on the insurance. The other part was the hand brake, I play a lot of golf and it was a problem at the beginning but now its no big thing. I just love all the safety features and I don't think there is a better build cart out there. Good luck with your choice.
mrdills2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
indacup
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills2 View Post
I have had one for over 2 years now and I just love it, you mention the window, but I don't think it even comes into play. There is a little flap above the window that the air come in and its more that enough for me. When it rains you will be glad you have a full window with a wiper. I don't know where you live but you might want to check out the LSV insurance in your state, I live in Florida and the insurance companies found a golden egg and they are really screwing us on the insurance. The other part was the hand brake, I play a lot of golf and it was a problem at the beginning but now its no big thing. I just love all the safety features and I don't think there is a better build cart out there. Good luck with your choice.
Thanks Mr Dills!

I took my wife too look at the one I liked and she loved it...so I think we will be pulling the trigger!
indacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
CajunDavid
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My windshield doesn't fold. It's not a big deal, heck it's not even a small deal. Your cart will still be plenty cool when you're riding around. LSV's are great! Good luck!
CajunDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
woody1351
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

I enjoy mine when its running. I keep having problems with it, and to tomberlin isn't much help.
woody1351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
Ddill
Not Yet Wild

I love mine too. I also had an issue with the hand brake at first, but now I don't even think about it. Mine is a 2010 and has 2500 miles and is showing a bit of wear. New master brake cylinder and new batteries just this week. I play a lot of golf in it. I would defiantly buy another. Even though my local dealer is a joke.
Ddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
dirtyvegas
Not Yet Wild

Tomberlin

I drive my Emerge E2 LE on a daily basis. The independent front suspension really helps with handling. Also, Tomberlin's have 4 wheel braking which is very helpful.

I would recommend buying a Tomberlin LSV without hesitation. I am selling my motor and Curtis controller which are both under warranty.
dirtyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin