lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
KCR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 91 Par Car Carb

I have a 91 Par Car that just recieved a new piston, oversize rings, and new fuel pump. Put it back together and did not run well and would only stay running with the choke pulled out 1/2 way. Replaced the Walbro carb with an older style from a 80's par car.(this is a much smaller carb). The cart seemed to run good with this carb. Looked into options on the Walbro Carb and find a new one is $400 and they really don't have much that can be changed in the kit so did not feel that would solve the problems. Should I stick with the older carb and not worry about it or does this cart need the newer style carb to operate properly?
KCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
columbia
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 Par Car Carb

The carb your year calls for I think is a Walbro WHL10 serias. Your carb will have this on the body and also the Columbia part Number. I may have a new one in my stash but currently not home to check. Should be able to check next Thursday or Friday. Let me know if interested.
columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

Default Re: 91 Par Car Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCR View Post
I have a 91 Par Car that just recieved a new piston, oversize rings, and new fuel pump. Put it back together and did not run well and would only stay running with the choke pulled out 1/2 way. Replaced the Walbro carb with an older style from a 80's par car.(this is a much smaller carb). The cart seemed to run good with this carb. Looked into options on the Walbro Carb and find a new one is $400 and they really don't have much that can be changed in the kit so did not feel that would solve the problems. Should I stick with the older carb and not worry about it or does this cart need the newer style carb to operate properly?

Carb.
http://www.m-and-d.com/WL-WHL-10-1.html

Did you put the piston in the corret way? There is an arrow or an E that goes on the exaust side.
jeggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar