lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2019, 06:37 AM   #21
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 99 ds with fe290 front engine dampener

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
Well I guess I didn’t specify this but I meant seeing how it did after the bracket flip. I flipped it last night, and put a new snubber on. Seems like it’s in a much better spot. The yearly camping trip I go on is in 1 month, guess I will put it to the test then! Intake is no worse off than it was before, though I do need a new one anyways so I might get that ordered.
Good to hear!

Whew... For a minute there, I thought I wasted a bunch of time typing and editing if you weren't going to do anything at all!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2019, 06:49 AM   #22
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The cut wires are for the Rev Limiter (the box they come from), as long as your governor is set within reason,
and your engine shuts down with the pedal/key, you shouldn't have to worry about them.

The fuel line is most likely the overflow vent from the carb, there should be an open nipple on the carb for that to connect to, usually that's where the line rots out,
the other end is supposed to be open and spill to the ground, rather than all over the engine compartment in the event the float sticks open.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #23
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
The cut wires are for the Rev Limiter (the box they come from), as long as your governor is set within reason,
and your engine shuts down with the pedal/key, you shouldn't have to worry about them.

The fuel line is most likely the overflow vent from the carb, there should be an open nipple on the carb for that to connect to, usually that's where the line rots out,
the other end is supposed to be open and spill to the ground, rather than all over the engine compartment in the event the float sticks open.
I appreciate the help for sure. I guess I’m not too worried about the rev limiter - I was hoping they were the reason my check oil light has never worked
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #24
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
I appreciate the help for sure. I guess I’m not too worried about the rev limiter - I was hoping they were the reason my check oil light has never worked
It only works if the oil is low. Level sensor is a float in the bottom of the crankcase. So unless your oil level is below the end of the dipstick, it will probably never come on. The time to check it is when you do an oil change. After draining the oil turn the key ON, the light should come on. Fill it back up with oil and the light should go out about the time you finish pouring the first quart in.

If it does not work with no oil in the engine.
There's a wire stud terminal in the back corner of the block opposite of the dipstick tube on the clutch side. Kinda tight to get to. Should have a yellow wire attached to it. The yellow wire comes from the oil light. If the wire is there remove it from the terminal and ground it to the block. Turn the Key on and see if the light works. If it works, then it's possible there's a wire issue inside the engine or the sender/float assembly is bad.
If it does not work, check if there is 12V present at the connector. There probably will not be voltage present. Disconnect the battery Negative and pull the dash panel out enough to get behind it. Wrap electric Tape around the wires and terminals on the key switch so they can not short to the dash frame, then reconnect the battery negative.

Key ON check for 12V at the oil light. You should have 12V on both sides. If voltage is only on one side the light is burned out. If you have no voltage on either side, follow the wire from the light to the ignition switch and look for a bad connection at the switch.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:11 AM   #25
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
It only works if the oil is low. Level sensor is a float in the bottom of the crankcase. So unless your oil level is below the end of the dipstick, it will probably never come on. The time to check it is when you do an oil change. After draining the oil turn the key ON, the light should come on. Fill it back up with oil and the light should go out about the time you finish pouring the first quart in.

If it does not work with no oil in the engine.
There's a wire stud terminal in the back corner of the block opposite of the dipstick tube on the clutch side. Kinda tight to get to. Should have a yellow wire attached to it. The yellow wire comes from the oil light. If the wire is there remove it from the terminal and ground it to the block. Turn the Key on and see if the light works. If it works, then it's possible there's a wire issue inside the engine or the sender/float assembly is bad.
If it does not work, check if there is 12V present at the connector. There probably will not be voltage present. Disconnect the battery Negative and pull the dash panel out enough to get behind it. Wrap electric Tape around the wires and terminals on the key switch so they can not short to the dash frame, then reconnect the battery negative.

Key ON check for 12V at the oil light. You should have 12V on both sides. If voltage is only on one side the light is burned out. If you have no voltage on either side, follow the wire from the light to the ignition switch and look for a bad connection at the switch.
This is good info, will have to test it out when I change the oil
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car