lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
Jgonder11
Not Yet Wild

Default No power, won’t start after warmed up

99 club car DS
Fe290 motor

Will start up fine but after a few minutes of use it will not have any power to the starter when you try to go again.

New starter generator
New solenoid
New battery
New voltage regulator

Went for a ride last night and happened again. Let the cart sit for a few minutes And it started up and went again. Got back to the house and put it on the charger and the battery was at 75%. Running head lights and some under body leds.

Multi meter shows 14.8 v at the battery while running in test mode.

Motor starts if I jump the solenoid.

Micro switches appear to be working.

Very frustrating, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jgonder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: No power, won’t start after warmed up

Take a multimeter with you and next time it won’t start find out where you’re not getting power. It’s probably either a bad connection or the solenoid is not being engaged.
Are the batter cable ends clean and tight? Make sure you can’t wiggle them on the posts. Have seen a few side post batteries where the bolt bottoms out in the post and the cable is still loose. Is the ground wire connection to the frame clean? Corrosion there will cause problems when starting.

Black meter lead on the battery Negative, cart in maintenance mode, key on, push the pedal, you should hear and FEEL the solenoid clunk. If it clunks, Check the large posts on the solenoid for battery voltage. You should have 12v on both sides. Then check the white wire post on the SG for the same. If you have voltage all the way to the white cable post on the SG it’s either a pooor ground connection at the SG or ground strap to frame, or you got a dud SG. (Is it aftermarket?)

If the solenoid does not clunk, check the Blue wire on the small post for 12v, and check that the orange wire shows 0v or very near 0v. If you have voltage on the orange wire there is a microswitch or ground problem. If you have low or no voltage on either wire, there a supply issue to/from the key switch.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
Jgonder11
Not Yet Wild

Changed the ground to frame rusty nut.
Went to look at wires to the SG, black wire looked wonky so I went to put a new end on it, while wire came off in my hand. Replaced the black SG wire.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #4
Jgonder11
Not Yet Wild

Still had the same issue after fixing the grounds, had 12v at orange wire on solenoid, changed the micro switches, now got the kids out for a test drive. New SG is a gboost hd. It was hot to the touch, tightened up the belt also as it was slipping some with the new belt and SG.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:32 PM   #5
Jgonder11
Not Yet Wild

Same thing, ran till it hit the driveway and then would not turn over again. Checked the solenoid again in maint mode, key on, peddle down, no power to the 2nd large pole on solenoid. Changed out the solenoid again and went for a long ride, starts back up now, seems to be fixed! For now.....

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car