lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default tires

i have four rims with 22x11x10 tires on them my question is what size tire can i fit on those rim's ?

im looking at a few sets but might have to buy new/used rims sizes are

23x8x10

22x7-10

22x8-10
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: tires

Don't make the common mistake of getting too much tire for your motor......

The last thing you want is a big bad looking cart that can't get up a hill
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

what size do u think i should get with what rim
Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i have these set of rims thats on the cart now, and regular rims from a stock golf cart

i want to get some tires like this here but not so tall

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

that can fit in some rims i all ready have
Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Don't make the common mistake of getting too much tire for your motor......

The last thing you want is a big bad looking cart that can't get up a hill
I guess it depends on what you are doing, but that does not work for me. When I hit a hill or other nasty on the trail my stock cart crawls over it; that means I need a tractor tire that will not spin. More tread is better in that case. If one tire spins at that low speed it just digs a hole and there I sit. Plus a wider tire just rolls over most stuff better. That said it can slow your cart, best to get a tire that is rounded so it has less tread touching on hard surfaces and you will go faster. Also get an ATV rated tire that is stiffer, and run more air pressure in the rear where most of the weight is. Other than that, a taller tire will have a higher top speed because it gears higher (at the cost of power), a wider tire might work better on soft things like sand with more flotation. Most tires over 8 to 10 wide will not fit (on the cart) on a stock rim with no offset, and I would not run them the cart is less stable, but you can use spacers of some kind to move the wheels out. You can likely fit about any 10" wheel tire on those rims. If you have a bigblock then the above may not necessarily be true, or maybe you only ride roads/etc. Just my .02.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

well i want to use them for =hill climbing not steep steep hills,snow,mud ect....like i said above i have this size tire/rim on my cart now 22x11x10 and like to keep the rims so i dont have to buy another set, i like the thread here >>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I can't see that ebay page. I looked around for the most tread I could run without tearing up yards as I run over them some. I got trail pro tires, a large knobby in the 22x11-8 on my 3+5 offset douglas alloy wheels. It works well for most things, just not swamp mud lol, but the cart can't do much in that anyway. I run mostly wooded trails with some sand and mud, and all dirt. Some large treads will be noisy and vibrate on roads, the tractor type ones are bad for that except the swamplite you see has a tread down the center to help smooth it out. Except for a slimy swamp I can run anything my cart has power to do, so they seem to have worked out well for my use. Even with a huge tire I don't think I'd get through the swamps where I ride they are too deep and not the place for a GC. If it didn't tear up yards I'd get a more aggressive tire, but I run over my yard and others often so I could not have that, it will still put wear in the lawn if I go in same spot a few times. However these work really well on wooded trails, no punctures, I've run over all kinds of rocks/dirt/roots/gravel roads/trees/stumps/wood and brush piles/RR tracks/you name it. It sure is fun to run over stuff, lol. Last weekend I drove over a 6' high pile of firewood.

These at the time were the 'largest knobs' tire I could find, as typical they are versatile. I did ride in the snow and they worked, but I would think in snow you want large as possible like nearly paddle tires. When it got deep they spun holes and I got stuck, but in the early snow or plowed areas it was a ball sliding around. So for all around use most of the knobbed tires work well, but snow/mud you want deeper and more tractor looking tread....so you have to decide what will work best for you. If you road it then many get all trails or duro deserts those treads ride smoother on pavement. Mine are pretty minimal for vibration there are enough knobs they only buzz a little if I air them way up so only the center ones hit.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Item number: 220616952696
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha