lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
Bear5704
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Looking for puncture resistant tires

I tried this post in the hunting section with no results so I'll try again.

Trying to build a hunting buggy for use in West Texas where everything either bites or sticks you. Does anyone have a suggestion for a set of 22-23" tires that they have had good luck with against punctures. Any help is appreciated.
Bear5704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2018, 05:29 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Looking for puncture resistant tires

I'd say the more plys the better, I've had good luck with 6 ply GBC Dirt Devils. I would also consider
the more aggressive tread, mud don't pack in them like the all terrain tires that are useless in mud.

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:06 AM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

6 ply at the least /

Is now open

Click Swan's Pick'em
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:11 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

This side of the pond, we use a sealant made by a company called "air-seal products" you put several ounces in each tyre through the valve stem and when you get a puncture with thorns and the like, the sealant enters the hole and instantly seals it pretty much permanently. we never know we have a puncture these days. Not just protection from thorns, but nails, screws, golf tees etc. sometimes the only time i know a tyre has been spiked is when i notice a nail head or screwhead sitting in the tread. Then when i pull it out, it just takes one full rotation of the wheel and the hole is sealed again.

I have tried several makes of sealant and this is by far the best, i hope you can get it over there! If not i can call the company and ask if they will ship it out to you.

Bear in mind, we pay around £230 a 25 litre pail, so i expect it would be in the region of $250 plus shipping so not cheap, but well worth the money to save on patches and new tyres.

You will need to put plenty in as recommended, but maybe you can offer to do other peoples tyres and get your money back.

Google them and find some Youtubes about it too.

I am in no way affiliated with this company, just a satisfied customer. If you try this and use Stovebolts recommendation about 6 ply tyres, you may never have another puncture.

EDIT.

Just looked at their website and it looks like they have international dealerships.

http://www.air-sealproducts.com/international
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Bear5704
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
I'd say the more plys the better, I've had good luck with 6 ply GBC Dirt Devils. I would also consider
the more aggressive tread, mud don't pack in them like the all terrain tires that are useless in mud.

Thanks for the info. 6 ply is most I have found, so I just need to pick one.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #6
Bear5704
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
This side of the pond, we use a sealant made by a company called "air-seal products" you put several ounces in each tyre through the valve stem and when you get a puncture with thorns and the like, the sealant enters the hole and instantly seals it pretty much permanently. we never know we have a puncture these days. Not just protection from thorns, but nails, screws, golf tees etc. sometimes the only time i know a tyre has been spiked is when i notice a nail head or screwhead sitting in the tread. Then when i pull it out, it just takes one full rotation of the wheel and the hole is sealed again.

I have tried several makes of sealant and this is by far the best, i hope you can get it over there! If not i can call the company and ask if they will ship it out to you.

Bear in mind, we pay around £230 a 25 litre pail, so i expect it would be in the region of $250 plus shipping so not cheap, but well worth the money to save on patches and new tyres.

You will need to put plenty in as recommended, but maybe you can offer to do other peoples tyres and get your money back.

Google them and find some Youtubes about it too.

I am in no way affiliated with this company, just a satisfied customer. If you try this and use Stovebolts recommendation about 6 ply tyres, you may never have another puncture.

EDIT.

Just looked at their website and it looks like they have international dealerships.

http://www.air-sealproducts.com/international
I'm not familiar with this brand but we have several similar products available locally. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:38 AM   #7
texan
Gone Wild

6 ply tire. I use slime. half large bottle per tire. Plan on buying new wheels and tires next time needed.
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #8
rib33024

These will fix your problem. No more punctures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreynmandy View Post
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ml#post1433907

I saw these tires on a cart at the campground. The owner wasn't around. What is it, and what is it for???

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #9
Bear5704
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
These will fix your problem. No more punctures
yes they would, but one tire costs as much as my hole project.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:56 PM   #10
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

You could search UTV tires in the size you need. There are some 8 ply ones out there for the work wagons.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts