lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Head to Head Series Controller Tests?

Has anyone ever done like a benchmark test using all the same components except for the controller and ran equivalent tests on them for comparison purposes?

I have a solid state conversion kit on my '84 DS which came from CartsUnlimited. Like PB-6 throttle (0-5k), 400A HD Solenoid and 700A FSIP Controller. I also have an Admiral MOT-A1 motor.

I'm hitting about 22-24 mph on Flat on a lifted cart with 23" tires. Reading around some people are hitting 26-28 mph.

So before I go and order an Alltrax SR48500 in which people say will be faster and more torque (and I can't afford), I would like to know if someone could perform or has performed real world tests comparing the controllers.

Ideal setup is 48V pack, using MOT-A1 motor but only change the controllers out. Measure 0-20 mph speed. Torque rate (does it snap your head back or want to wheelie), Uphill load speed drop (just use same moderate hill) and Top Speed on Flat.

Suggestions on Controller Use: 1: GE FSIP 700A 2: Alltrax SR48500 3. Curtis 500A 4. Logisystem 5. Navitas

1-3 are required, others are welcome.

I used to beta test for several Computer Component companies and would perform comparison tests between the products. This way we as the consumer can see the real world numbers instead of the advertised specs.

I hope this can get a start of things to come.

Here's what I could see as huge benefits to the community:

1. Controller Comparisons Series (Same test cart swapping Controllers Only)
2. Controller Comparisons Sepex (Same test cart swapping Controllers Only)
3. Motor Comparisons Series (Same test cart swapping Motors Only)
4. Motor Comparisons Sepex (Same test cart swapping Motors Only)
etc....

A chart could be developed showing the "Real World" results instead of Manufacturer Brochures, Spec Sheets and sales pitches. Then we can have a better idea of what we want to buy in 1 central location.

Thanks for any help you can give.
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Head to Head Series Controller Tests?

I dont see how switching to a Alltrax SR48500 would make you faster or more torque over the FSIP you already have, which is larger then the alltrax. But I am more then interested in seeing how this plays out
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Head to Head Series Controller Tests?

There's only a couple of people on here that even have the resources to so this. Just hoping we can get some answers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car