lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
jahaiap
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default center to center measurement?

does anyone know if there are multiple belt lengths for 1 1/8'' belts and what my center to center on clutches would be? Im going to use a comet 780 primary which is 1 1/8'' so what do you guys do with your secondary clutch? my stock belt is only 7/8' wide. Im going to send my secondary to tom for machining and the spring. will that be all I need for the clutch to work?
jahaiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
josh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: center to center measurement?

im in the same delima. your best is denniskirk.com and search for belts.
tom can make your driven clutch accept any top width belt. but if he machines it so the belt comes out of the drive clutch, for more torque, it changes your length. take a measurement from the center to center pto, your driven clutch from top to bottom, and figure out your radius
josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
FOOL4RACING
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

All i did was called comet gave them center to center and dia. of drive and driven clutch for my belt length hope that helps
FOOL4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would ask Tom since he is machining the clutch and just have him send the belt you need back with the newly machined clutch
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I have done the belt searching thing, and you can get just about any length you can imagine. I don't know the formula for figuring the correct length but you can get the right one no matter where you mount it. I did the hit and miss procedure, cost me 3 belts before I hit the right one to drive a Yamaha Snowmobile engine to a EZGO rear axle. Sorry, that's the only help I can give you. Your stock belt might have been worn to only measure 7/8.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
jahaiap
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a polaris sportsman belt that is 2 inches longer than the stock and in 1 1/8'' wide. it might work if the 780 clutch has a larger diamteter than stock
jahaiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!