lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Mera
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlight on a 2005 EZ GO

The 2005 EZ GO I just bought does not have a headlight. It might be nice to have occasionally. Do they provide much light output? I have seen them on ebay. OEM EZ GO and what appears to be aftermarket units. I have thought of adding driving lights if I could come up with a way to make them look nice. That may be hard considering the design of the front end. Are good used front headlights hard to come by? I know some modify the heck out of these carts and may switch to different lights.

Thanks
Rodney
Mera is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Headlight on a 2005 EZ GO

I picked up a set of 55 watt Halogen lights from walmart for around $20 and I'm very satisfied with them. I first just wired them to 2 of the batteries in the pack, but I installed a 36 to 12 volt reducer Friday.

They bolted up right in the front shock cover and took 35-45 minutes to install. I did buy a heavier toggle switch to use instead of the cheap plastic switch that came with the kit. I have since helped 2 friends install the same kit on their carts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lights.JPG (54.5 KB, 27 views)
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
tunnelmike
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I know this is a little late,but i used the same kit on 2 carts with no problems. I hunt with mine and they are plenty bright enough to see well . I mounted them like hitman . Quick ,clean and easy install. I'd like to see the kit HF has on that other light thread for $11 . Mike
tunnelmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
kimberlyxt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
I picked up a set of 55 watt Halogen lights from walmart for around $20 and I'm very satisfied with them. I first just wired them to 2 of the batteries in the pack, but I installed a 36 to 12 volt reducer Friday.

They bolted up right in the front shock cover and took 35-45 minutes to install. I did buy a heavier toggle switch to use instead of the cheap plastic switch that came with the kit. I have since helped 2 friends install the same kit on their carts.
hey that looks pretty nice, can you take some pix of your installs? i want to do this mod also since im always up b4 the sun does.
thanks in advance
kimberlyxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO