lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #1
nosinjcted
Not Yet Wild

Default Which Golf Cart is Best

I'm trying to find a used golf cart to use around my property, hauling firewood, cleaning leaves, taking the trash to the street ( I have a 800' driveway), taking the kids for rides around the field, etc.. My problem is, I don't know anything about golf carts, I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have built a few cars so I'm not afraid of working on any one that I buy. However, I'm afraid I'll buy something cause I think it's a good deal only to find out I can't buy parts for whatever I buy. I found a used Yamaha G1 near me for what I think is a decent price, he says it has a rebuilt motor, whats everyone's thoughts on those?

So I'm looking for some advice on which older cart may best suit my needs as well as any to stay away from, and any sources for parts anyone may be able to give me.
nosinjcted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which Golf Cart is Best

how much are u looking to spend? ill sale u mine 2004 ezgo just built last year
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would say any of the big three are decent carts, Yamaha, Club Car, and EZGO. I would stay away from a resistor cart if you are looking at an electric, that is just my opinion not a fan of resistor carts. I would also stay away from Hyundai, Star Cart or any of the cheap Chinese knockoff carts.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #4
nosinjcted
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Paintdude, but I'm in Mass, I think the shipping would kill any deal from GA! I'm looking to spend under $1000, so I know I'm not gonna get anything to special, so I wanna make sure I can buy parts for whatever I end up buying.

There is a Yamaha G-16 that popped up for sale, does anyone have a link to info on the different Yamaha models?
Old 10-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

first buy one of the big 3 yamaha , club car , ezgo , a simple rule of thumb is four stroke carts only from 92 to present , otherwise you get into hard to find parts and problems that you do not want to deal with. you can rebuild anything if its intact and later model.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #6
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm looking for a G16... I have a work cart now I want a fun cart.. Good Luck!
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:05 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Most All the yamaha gas carts have very good parts availabity (some G1 parts are getting expensive, G3 & G5 "sunclassic" are unique carts, with unique "hard to find parts"). If you go with electric i would avoid G1e, G3e & G5e (more expensive & complex to diagnose electrical parts + inefficient "resistor coil" speed control system). I say go with gas anyway, a tank of gas will last weeks, a battery cart will last a day. Im a yamaha guy, so i will keep my (somewhat biased) opinion of the other brands to myself. Oh yeah, yamaha G1 & G3 are 2-stroke, all the rest are 4-stroke .
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #8
nosinjcted
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone, keep the opinions coming, good or bad. I will definitly go with a gas cart, I feel like I could fix anything that goes wrong with a gas cart + the forums / google as long as the parts are available for reasonable prices. I know nothing about electric vehicles, but one thing I do know, I'll always forget to charge it and it'll be dead when I go to use it.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #9
Rob_s
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosinjcted View Post
I'll always forget to charge it and it'll be dead when I go to use it.
you just leave it plugged in all the time.
Rob_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #10
nosinjcted
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_s View Post
you just leave it plugged in all the time.

That's the part I'll forget about!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts