lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2015, 11:46 PM   #1
hovenad
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default clutch plug COTS part number/store

Was going to check my clutch fluid level today but after looking at my plug, I'm afraid it is too brittle to remove and reuse. Does the plug match anything else at an automotive store? Or do I just need order via one of the sites mentioned here? Was hoping to do this without waiting to run again because of a rubber plug.
hovenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #2
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: clutch plug COTS part number/store

I ordered one because I found nothing like it. When I got my cart there was a rubber plug carved by hand filling the hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Primary Clutch Plug.jpg (231.8 KB, 0 views)
chuckbaynham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #3
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I had to have some over the last few years and found the best place to get them is AACO in Evansville Indiana or McMaster Carr. You have to buy a few but it was worth it due to low price. It was 3 or 4 years ago.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:47 AM   #4
ScreechinHalt
Not Yet Wild

What I use on mine is from the makers of JB Weld and it's called ultimate grey gasket maker and sealant, and is 100% silicone. I install the plug as usual , clean the area around the plug and the plug itself and then use a screw driver to apply the gasket maker around the plug and it works great. It IS silicone and takes about 1 hr to set up good enough to use and fully cures in 24 hrs. It does not set like JB Weld, It is plyable and can be removed.
ScreechinHalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #5
hovenad
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

I went ahead and ordered the plug along with some o rings for the clutch. Thanks for the info.
hovenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson