lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
74Beeper
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Supports for Canopy Bars to Stop the Jiggle???

I got a 2004 G22 and I just finished Line-X’n the canopy..... It turned out great but there is quite a bit more weight to it now and I’m sure once I get it back on, it’s gonna jiggle and wiggle even more than before.

Has anyone else bolted in some sort of horizontal cross brace to tie the left and right bars together for more rigidity?

Pictures would be great if you have them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
74Beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Supports for Canopy Bars to Stop the Jiggle???

On the G15-A (5 seaters) there is a square frame all around the top (see attached picture to see all the system). So at front or back, the left and right sides are connected and bolted, even in the middle.

With a friend, we installed a windshield on both carts in securit glass (for cars) in an aluminium frame without any trouble and for more than 2 years now! You can see it on my avatar or profile pictures and for sure, it adds weight...

Anyway this diagram can give you an idea of "reinforcement"... and it is Yamaha original design
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (68.8 KB, 0 views)
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center