lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2022, 01:16 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone Know Model/Year of this Club Car?

Very cool, looks like fun! Being a carryall 6 would explain the front brakes too :)

150psi on an engine that’s been sitting for a long time is great. Once you get it running a bit I’ll bet that comes up even more, but 150-160psi is definitely right about where you want it to be. Since it’s that high, I’ll take a stab in the dark and say it’s pedal start. I do believe most of the key start ones have ACR so you’d only read around 50-60psi on a compression test.

I’ll bet with a clean carb, fresh fuel and lines you’ll have her running real quick and easy. There’s actually quite a bit you can do with a carryall 6 also. I’ve never really had the opportunity to buy one myself. You can get a shorter carryall bed, and put a back seat like a limo cart in front of the bed, behind the “doors”. Some of the transporter type carts came this way. Then best of both worlds, limo cart and a functional dump bed

Sorta like this one https://www.thehulltruth.com/trucks-...-club-car.html

If you Google image search 1998 (just an arbitrary year to rule out the newer body style) club car transporter there’s all sorts of cool ideas and configurations for these things.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2022, 01:32 PM   #12
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

That's good one ThreeCW, ... maybe I should sleep in it.

CP241, I'm not sure it it's a factory pedal start or not. It was key start when I checked it out but it also clearly didn't have any Compression Release being activated. There is a plastic box, looks factory, on the left at the front of the engine compartment that had a cable actuated by the pedal that ran a gear that turned a wheel or cam that would accuate a switch. I didn't look real close at it but I did notice that it looked like the switch was wired closed. My guess is that it's pedal start and that is the switch that needs to be actuated to start and run and someone wired it shut so it would be key start. Don't know for sure, it's something I plan to look at when I get it home. What's the advantage of one over the other? To me it just seems a golf care should be peddle start but I don't think it really matters. Also, the battery is on the floorboard behind the front seats. I suspect factory was in the engine compartment front left but the air filter compartment is there and kind of an odd setup. It looks like the factory air filter box but rotated some how to just pull air in from the 3" (or so) which is pointed at the ground. There is a inlet hose that comes from the "cab" area which I would guess is somehow supposed to feed that box and maybe the battery sits beneath that. Don't really know but I would like to get the battery back in the engine compartment. And yes ... I am basically babbling now.

I did take a peek at some pictures and agree that a lot could be done and you could be creative (the tricky part if finding the time). I do like what you suggested, another seat and still have the bed. I wouldn't mind lifting it a bit and bigger wheels if it will pull if fine which, I think you said it should. I hadn't really thought about having to eliminate the front brakes to lift it. Front brakes are nice but I'm guessing probably not a huge deal unless you're hauling heavy loads. Any thoughts on that?

It's funny how getting something like this is sort of exciting. Man, I may need a life!
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:46 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

We’d have to see pictures to see exactly what you’re seeing or talking about, but it does sound like someone rigged it to key start. Some people prefer it to idle. I personally prefer pedal start. It’s all personal preference. I wouldn’t recommend just bypassing the pedal switch to make it “idle” like sounds may have been done with a zip tie… that’ll kill the battery but it all depends on what’s bypassed and how.

This golf cart hobby is an addiction. There’s a reason I can’t stop buying junkers
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:30 PM   #14
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

When I get it home and start working on getting it running and sorted out I'll upload some pictures of what I need to address (probably a new thread). I do appreciate the input and assistance!
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car