lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Key switch & Kill switch question

When I bought my 1992 gas Club Car, the previous owner had wired it to stay running when stopped (bypassed pedal start). To shut the motor off I must pull a kill switch. Is there a way I can get it to shut off when I turn the key off?

Thanks
Bulky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Default Re: Key switch & Kill switch question

I am sure you can. I have no idea on how. Try finding some wiring diagrams and you'll figure it out!
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
wyksey
Not Yet Wild

if it done properly you should be able to take wire off the kill switch and place it on the ignition barrel at the off point. If it was me i would follow kill switch wire back to original location he might have taken one off pedal and used it , if that the case just reconect it
wyksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Sous like he did more than just bypass the pedal switch if he added a push/pull killswitch.
Follow the wiring diagram below to put it back to stock configeration for the safety of everyone.

http://img219.imageshack.us/i/wiringha5.jpg/
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:23 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

These motors "kill" the ignition by connecting the ignitor or coil to a battery ground. You would need a 5 or 6 terminal ignition switch which has a ground post present and a place for your ignition wire so it could close that circuit when off.... THat is esentially what the kill button you have is doing It may be more trouble than it is worth...
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

disconnect his killswitch contraption.... then in the black box in the motor compartment, there is two microswitches. the bottom one has a wire going to a ground post. disconnect the ground, and tape it up. now the cart will start with the pedal, and kill with the key. but u do know that he must have toned the motor down to do this, because if u dont, the cart will keep going after u stop. id just disconnect it, and extend the throttle cable going into the black box all the way out, and ur cart will fly!!
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car