lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
srb1194
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Flashing Yellow Battery Light

Hello all I'm new here. I have an A0051 Club Car. The cart sits in the garage most all the time. I took it out this past weekend and rinsed off the dust and drove it around a little bit. Everything seemed fine at the time. Now I notice the battery light on the dash is blinking and the charger will not initiate a charge cycle. My question is what does the light indicate and what steps do I need to take. Ordinarily this would be no rush however I do have plans to use it on Halloween. I appreciate any information you could provide.

Thanks.

srb1194
srb1194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Flashing Yellow Battery Light

Welcome to BGW

That light is telling you the batts need to be charged. The charger not coming on could mean the OBC is bad or the batts are so low the charger won't come on. You can try to reset the OBC, there is a sticky here in the electric club car forum that shows you how. It doesn't work all the time.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
srb1194
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: Flashing Yellow Battery Light

Thanks for the reply. I did find out this morning that when I move the switch under the seat to tow the charging cycle starts. Right now that is the only position that it will charge in. Does that indicate the possible problem?

Thanks,

srb1194
Old 10-28-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

To BGW
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb1194 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I did find out this morning that when I move the switch under the seat to tow the charging cycle starts. Right now that is the only position that it will charge in. Does that indicate the possible problem?

Thanks,

srb1194
It should not matter where the switch is. Thats really strange. Try resetting the OBC.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
srb1194
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Flashing Yellow Battery Light

OK here's the latest from my issue. This morning I moved the switch from run to tow. Immediately after turning the switch the yellow light cut off. I switched it several times to run and each time the light came back on. While it was in tow I hooked up the charger and it started charging. I took it about 6 hours to finish charging but after that was complete I switched it back to run and everything went back to normal. I drove the cart around a little and no more yellow light. Hey I'm new to these issues but that's where I stand. I appreciate all the help.

srb1194
Old 10-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

The yellow light will not work during TOW just due to the way it is wired.
However the charger should have come on and charged in run unless it was really depleted (below 36 Volts" .

Have fun on Halloween and don't scare too many little ones
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
srb1194
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much what happened. It charged up fine with the switch in tow. When I moved it back to run everything was fine. Aren't those chargers supposed to be automatic when they are plugged in for extended periods? I think the batteries were just really low and that's what caused the whole problem.

srb1194
Old 10-30-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Yes if the OBC is working and batteries are in good enough condition at start then
every 16 days the charger should come on test batteries and charge as needed.

I think this may be for Powerdrive Plus only chargers ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car