lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2017, 11:20 AM   #21
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1988 Parcar DX4 Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insagor View Post
Eric, how did you make out with your oil injection cable? I have an 88 DX4 that I've been working on and just realized today (before starting it) that I'm missing the oil injection cable. The outer sleeve is there, as is the oil injection tank, but just missing the cable.
Just ordered a cable inner and outer for a bicycle (eBay) - they do them for gears and brakes - the gear cable are slightly lighter duty - which I what I used. Have a gander on eBay or your local bike shop - they should be able to sort you out.
Eric the Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #22
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Module arrived today - fitted that - set the timing statically - pressed the pedal - and off she went. WAHOO.

Drove round the garden laying down a severe smoke screen - only at a slow walking pace - then I noticed I still had the choke out in all the excitement - put that in and promptly took off like a rocket!

Stopped at our field gate to take it for a drive across our field - got back on and... nothing.

Starter won't turn or do anything now.

A quick investigation and it would seem solenoid No1 - has died already. I can see 12v when you press the accelerator - but the main contacts are not shorting out. I'll clean up on of the original solenoids and try that in the next day or so. You can hear the other solenoids click - and they ALL seem to be closed - which I can't understand either.

Bugger - but it goes - WAHOO :-)
Old 04-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #23
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Awesome. I love when those old carts come back to life. Easy on it at first! Let things kinda break back in.

Great work!
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #24
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Cheers. Yes will do.

Sort out the bodywork next.

I was just trying to find the photos I took - I'll have to take a couple more and post.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:03 AM   #25
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Changed the starter solenoid last night and it all works perfectly. Happy bunny again.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:53 AM   #26
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

very cool thanks for sharing please keep us up to date on the rest of it
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #27
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

...And now it's dead again.

More relays died. The secret is I think to use "Continuous Duty" solenoid / relays - where as the ones I have are just common starter solenoids.

So that's the next job - replace those again and this time check the output voltage at the battery - just to make sure...
Old 04-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #28
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

So the new continuous duty relays arrived - fitted those and we are going again.

Checked the voltage this time running - 14,15,16,17,18V - then I turned it off.

So the voltage regulator - doesn't.

Is there and aftermarket one I can fit? - I take it is just a regulator not a rectifier as well? I can't really find a three wire voltage regulator - or at least I have not found one yet.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2017, 04:17 AM   #29
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Worked out it is just a dynamo with field coils - new voltage regulator on it's way hopefully be here this week :-)
Old 05-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #30
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

On a different note...

Can anyone tell me if the wheel PCD on the new ClubCar golf carts is the same as on my Columbia ParCar?

There is a set of new wheels on eBay finishing tomorrow which I will have if they fit :-)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar