lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1988 Parcar DX4 Restoration

Spot on!

You should have one wire from the key switch to one side of the microswitch. You should have two wires on the other side of the microswitch that go to the solenoid and coil.

Those microswitches operate in reverse to a lot of switches in that they close when they aren't depressed and open when they are depressed.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #12
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Brill cheers.

Managed to get quite a bit done this weekend - so I'll post an update with some pics in the next few days.
Eric the Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #13
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Oil injection cable - does this attach on the far left hole on the carb - so the cable shortens as the throttle opens?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 AM   #14
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Progress...

Tidying up the wiring with a new remade loom and a new set of solenoids.

Tidying up the chassis paintwork ready for re-assembly.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:14 AM   #15
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

Still need an answer on the oil injection cable - does this attach on the far left hole on the carb - so the cable shortens as the throttle opens?
Old 03-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #16
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Unfortunately, I know nothing about those cables as both of my Columbias were built before that system. There isn't anything in manual about those?
Old 03-23-2017, 04:16 PM   #17
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

There are a couple of diagrams that show connections to the carb. Unfortunately the diagrams plainly show the governor cable in one and the oil injection cable in the other both attached at the same point on the carb.

However studying the service manual supplement this evening there is a revised oil pump setting which "increases" the flow of oil across the range. This increase is obtained by slightly lengthening the cable. That would imply to me that lengthening the cable increases the oil flow - so from that I know where to fix it now. Sorted :-)

If all goes to plan it should all be back together on Sunday and then I can check the ignition module properly and see if I'm going to be able to get it going any time soon.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:35 PM   #18
Insagor
Not Yet Wild

Eric, how did you make out with your oil injection cable? I have an 88 DX4 that I've been working on and just realized today (before starting it) that I'm missing the oil injection cable. The outer sleeve is there, as is the oil injection tank, but just missing the cable.
Insagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #19
Lochlin
Gone Wild

[QUOTE The outer sleeve is there, as is the oil injection tank, but just missing the cable.[/QUOTE]

Those oil injection systems were pretty unreliable. A lot of people disabled them, choosing to manually mix the gas / oil instead. That may have been why someone took your cable off. Just something to think about.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #20
Eric the Ewok
Not Yet Wild

I have to admit it does not move a great deal of oil when it is running - holding a drill on the back.

All together now - and the module is dead. Ordered a replacement which should be here early next week.

One thing that concerns me - it does sound a bit rattily turning over - there is a very small amount of 'play' less than 1/8" when turning the engine pulley by hand.

How quiet (or not) should the engine be turning over before it starts?

I'll get some pictures uploaded shortly...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar