lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #11
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Default Re: Columbia Carb linkage, please help!

I would venture to say that most on this forum will say just disconnect the governor and oil pump and mix your oil with your gas simply because the governor is a pain to set correctly and when your oil pump goes out so does your engine.

Make sure you have enough resistance going to the ignition module or you may burn it up like everybody else does. Just trying to save you some money. Those aren't cheap.
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #12
twstdFUBAR
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Since the oil pump covers the ignition module and keeps the center magnet from coming off, should I just put a little oil in the line and connect the in/out lines together to keep it lubricated?

What would be a good way to make sure the module has enough restistance? Also, what's a good mixing ratio? 50:1?
twstdFUBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #13
twstdFUBAR
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

For starters I will remove the governor cable, oil pump cable and pick up 2 cable stops. Just should clean things up a ton and get rid of the mess. Thanks for the advise Lochlin and backyard. Any more pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #14
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

I was about to say you may be able to use the regular cover in place of the oil pump but I can't find any for sale.

Connecting the lines in such a way that it only pumps its own oil back and forth sounds good. I'd probably take the oil line off the intake and just stick it back in the reservoir so it pumps back there and recycles it or install a "T" in the oil line just below the reservoir so you have a place to stick the return line. At least you could change the oil if it ever breaks down and gets black.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ml#post1289556

85:1 is the ratio for all the earlier models (non oil injected).
Old 06-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #15
twstdFUBAR
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

My brother works at a steel fabricating company. I might be able to just trace the oil pump and have someone make me a cover. We are already talking about making a lift kit by fabricating the front spindles to look similar to Jake's lift spindle for the front. And for the rear either making spring risers or putting blocks between the axle and frame like you would on a truck(but not sure if that will through things off, maybe I will need a larger belt?) but I need to get it running before all of that.lol
Old 06-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #16
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Yea it is just a thin metal cover. Just make sure your igntion parts can't fly out. If you get it raised up, post some pics.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #17
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I don't see a throttle lever on your carb to hook the throttle linkage onto. Am I missing something? In your one pic, the post that is near where you have labeled "plate with holes" should have a lever on it that accepts the throttle cable, no? Again, it's tough to on pics.

All the same, you can go nuts and get a knock off EZGo / Mikuni carb that will bolt right on there if anything is missing. They cost all of $30.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:00 PM   #18
twstdFUBAR
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

The picture above that one that has all the cables, isn't that the lever?
Old 07-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #19
twstdFUBAR
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Well, I got it running. Removed all the nonsense cables and mixed my gas 85:1. Was running good :) Then it died..... And now I have no spark. Any idea? What should I check first and how should I check it. Please help gang.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #20
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Take a light tester and hook one end to the battery - and the other end to the coil + terminal and see if you have fire when you press the gas pedal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar