lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #11
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Hello! Looking at a G1 tonight

Looks like you made a very good buy. I own a modified G1 and tend to think they are a good machine.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #12
Runningrough
Not Yet Wild

Awesome Smokindawg, thank you for the advice! Yes, I am convinced to do away with the oil injection and just premix myself....I have trust issues and I don't feel like trusting my engine to that pump set up!
Runningrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #13
Runningrough
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvans View Post
Looks like you made a very good buy. I own a modified G1 and tend to think they are a good machine.
Thanks! Yes, from the limited reading I have done so far it seems people like the G1's. Good to hear!
Old 09-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #14
Field6565
Gone Wild

Very good buy! It's hard to find a good clean G1 these days. I'm trying to figure out the primer on the fuel line. Is the choke cable working properly?
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:27 AM   #15
Runningrough
Not Yet Wild

The choke appears to work. The PO told me he thinks the fuel pump is junk and he added the primer to get it to run. We ran the cart around the house for a half hour when I got it home and didn't have any problems, but the tank was full, so I'm wondering if it was gravity feeding?

I'm replacing all the fuel lines, cleaning the carb and fuel pump out and deleting the injection system this weekend. I don't think I'll need the service manual for this task, but would still like to buy one. I can't find my ID # on the rear of the frame though, so I don't know if I have an early or late G1.

I have to hurry up with these small repairs, the kids are all over me

I'm planning on mixing the fuel 100:1.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:51 AM   #16
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Field, I actually put a primer bulb on my G1 when I had the 2 stroke engine still in it. I did this because it seemed so hard to get fuel to the carb when I first got it. Of course that was before I learned about cleaning the fuel pump out.

It just seemed easier too get the fuel flowing again every time I worked on the engine if I had the primer bulb. Saved a lot of cranking so I just left it.

I no longer have it on there but I do understand why people install them.

Runningrough, I like my G1 and like the fact that they are so tough. There is one thing I didn't like and that's having to lift the entire body to get to the engine, but, that too was a plus some times. It gives you full access to everything under there so you can easily get to every thing. But it also makes it harder to make a top from another cart adaptable to the G1. And I love having a top when I'm running around as it keeps the beating sun off.

As for a lift, there are plenty of lower priced lifts that work great for the G1 but if you have the tools and fab skills you can build a great one your self. That's what many here do and you can find plenty of posts on them. The best one I've found (Built my own version for my cart) is the lift that BGW member Pachanga builds. There are many carts running around with one of his or a version of it. If you don't have the fab skills, hit him up about getting one built for your cart, you'll not be sorry you did it.

Do a lot of looking and asking questions and you'll get plenty of help with ideas for your cart. Keep us posted with pictures as your cart makes it's transformation.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

SN may also be on the steel brace behind the rear bumper, facing the rear of the cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:43 AM   #18
Runningrough
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
As for a lift, there are plenty of lower priced lifts that work great for the G1 but if you have the tools and fab skills you can build a great one your self. That's what many here do and you can find plenty of posts on them. The best one I've found (Built my own version for my cart) is the lift that BGW member Pachanga builds. There are many carts running around with one of his or a version of it. If you don't have the fab skills, hit him up about getting one built for your cart, you'll not be sorry you did it.
Great, thank you! I will be looking into lift options pretty soon. I do have a MIG welder and have done some fab work but am definately not near a professional level or anything. I look forward to researching the options! Thanks for the BGW contact too. I bet I will contact him before I decide on anything.

cgtech, that is the general area I was looking, but thank you for narrowing it down. I will try again later.

If the numbers can't be found, is there a way to narrow down the year by specific build details....like solenoid layout or coil location or some random features like that?
Old 09-04-2015, 11:29 PM   #19
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningrough View Post

If the numbers can't be found, is there a way to narrow down the year by specific build details....like solenoid layout or coil location or some random features like that?
Cart appears to be an 83 or 84. You can tell because 79 to 84 used the older aluminum clutch. 85 to 89 had the bigger gold one. Also has the newer selenoids. I think 79 80 81 were bigger.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #20
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field6565 View Post
Cart appears to be an 83 or 84. You can tell because 79 to 84 used the older aluminum clutch. 85 to 89 had the bigger gold one. Also has the newer selenoids. I think 79 80 81 were bigger.
Or someone changed the clutch and solenoids? LOL Just messing Gary!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha