lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Default New here and wanted to say hi.

Hey guys,

Well I posted some questions in the general BS thread and got zero answers. However, I guess it all worked out because I just purchased a 2005 PDS.

The cart looks clean all around but there is some rust under the battery frame. It's not too bad and it seems to be pretty normal? Over winter I will brush and paint it.

I got the cart from a chick that got it from a family member that passed. Im sure she got it for free. But before selling she did add 10 inch wheels, brand new tires, new windsheild, and brand new interstate batteries.

Now I need to add a back seat, lights and speed chip. (For now)

I do have a question. On my dad's precedent when going down hill it will roll free. Can you make the PDS do this also?

Thanks
Dank
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New here and wanted to say hi.

Welcome to the show!
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #3
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thanks Bronco,

Should my post have been under "members rides" ?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
Hey guys,

Well I posted some questions in the general BS thread and got zero answers. However, I guess it all worked out because I just purchased a 2005 PDS.

The cart looks clean all around but there is some rust under the battery frame. It's not too bad and it seems to be pretty normal? Over winter I will brush and paint it.

I got the cart from a chick that got it from a family member that passed. Im sure she got it for free. But before selling she did add 10 inch wheels, brand new tires, new windsheild, and brand new interstate batteries.

Now I need to add a back seat, lights and speed chip. (For now)

I do have a question. On my dad's precedent when going down hill it will roll free. Can you make the PDS do this also?

Thanks
Dank
Yes and No. The speed chip will shut off the regen braking during normal operation, but controller will still limit the max downhill speed to about 20 MPH on stock height (18") tires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
dankfoot
Getting Wild

ok cool. It would suck to go 19 mph on flat ground or incline and then go 14 on a downhill.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #6
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thought of another question. The girl I purchased from said (I have never heard this before).

"When charging always plug in the cart first, then plug the charger into the wall"?
Old 08-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
ok cool. It would suck to go 19 mph on flat ground or incline and then go 14 on a downhill.

Thanks
Whatever the motor RPM is at max speed on level ground, the PDS controller tries to limit the motor to the same max RPM going downhill and does a pretty good job. In "Freedom" mode, that is about 4,400 RPM.

With an Alltrax XCT controller, the max RPM is user adjustable up to 8,000, but max recommended RPM for most motors is 6,500 or less and you have to up the pack voltage to at least 42V to get a stock PDS motor to spin that fast.

If the tires are taller than 18", which they may be since the previous owner went to 10" rims, you may have to go to 48V to get the motor to spin that fast.

Welcome to the addiction and this is the right place to ask technical questions about an electric EZGO cart.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thought of another question. The girl I purchased from said (I have never heard this before).

"When charging always plug in the cart first, then plug the charger into the wall"?
The problem is creating sparks when the charger output cable is plugged into cart, but most chargers do not turn "ON" until they are plugged into the cart and detect the presence of the battery, so cart first or wall first is more or less a moot point.

Some of the really old chargers had voltage at the output plug whenever they were plugged into a wall outlet and the same is true when some later model chargers that have their On/Off relay bypassed. That is probably where the practice of plugging into cart originated.

The DPI charger I use, stays plugged into the wall outlet all the time and is plugged into cart after each use.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #9
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thanks JohnnieB
Old 08-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #10
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Hey Guys,

I received my new seat and speed chip. I have not installed yet.

My next purchase is light kit and radio.

So Another question.

Do I really need a voltage reducer or should I just use 2 batteries?

Thanks,
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO