lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
IslandCart
Not Yet Wild

Default Lester Links 48 Volt Charger- Model 26610

I have a customer with a 1 year old Lester Links 26610 charger that is clicking on after the relay opens and then the ammeter is pegging out backwards towards -0-. Any suggestions? I will contact Lester next week when they open back up but thought I would do a little research. The cart has been charging fine for 1 year and the batteries are 1 year old without issues. I didnt find a problem with the cart when I used a Powerdrive Charger. It connected and communicated with the OBC without issue and commenced to charging. The only thing I seen out of the ordinary was some corrosion on the Controller Cables/Lugs. I changed the controller and bolts and the cart runs fine but the Lester Charger is still acting up.
IslandCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Lester Links 48 Volt Charger- Model 26610

Manual and wire diagram for that charger here: https://lesterelectrical.com/wp-cont...8/38459_c1.pdf

Kinda sounds like one of the diodes may have failed. There are two sets. Disconnect both and check both sets. Also check inside for any loose or damaged wiring.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
IslandCart
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I'll take a look around.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
IslandCart
Not Yet Wild

Do you think its likely that this charger problem created a Thermal Cutback code on the 1515 controller if the charger was left on with the ammeter pegging backwards? Something had this cart inconsistently running. After we found the light corrosion on the controller life and changed the controller it appears ok and hasn't tripped a code. Obviously the charger issue will still need to be resolved.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I would not think so.
Normally if one of the diodes fails the input amperage to the transformer spikes up which is what trips the breaker. I could be wrong, but I think when the input amperage goes up, it’s because the output amperage drops. The output voltage would be lower as well since part of the AC wave is not being rectified.

Either way, it would be difficult for the charger to maintain that condition for long because the breaker trips. (partly why the breaker is there)
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car