lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #101
TTA1437
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Here I go again! EZGO 4x4 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by theghoul View Post
I sourced all the individual parts some years ago. Let me know if you need some measurements. Pic attached
Thanks man, will do! Does it sound like i got a decent deal? i hate to know ive just wasted a bunch of money on a cart that potentially is a time bomb or paper weight on the reliability of trans. But the enclosed cab and large dump bed had me drooling over it compared to just your standard golf cart.

Have you ever had any issues with your buggy?
TTA1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #102
theghoul
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA1437 View Post
Thanks man, will do! Does it sound like i got a decent deal? i hate to know ive just wasted a bunch of money on a cart that potentially is a time bomb or paper weight on the reliability of trans. But the enclosed cab and large dump bed had me drooling over it compared to just your standard golf cart.

Have you ever had any issues with your buggy?
No issues in 10 years. It's a pretty rugged machine with a honda motor. I'd buy it again for that price. That Curtis steel cab alone is about $4k and 700hrs is nothing for that motor.
theghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #103
TTA1437
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by theghoul View Post
No issues in 10 years. It's a pretty rugged machine with a honda motor. I'd buy it again for that price. That Curtis steel cab alone is about $4k and 700hrs is nothing for that motor.
ok you are making me feel better after all the bashing posts and reading ive done over the transfer case. Mine doesnt have a spring that mounts to the middle of the governor plate to the arm. Going to see if I can find one in the shop tonight.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:29 PM   #104
TTA1437
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuss12 View Post
Wanted to post here and thank you GaryDee for this through walk-through of your EZGO 4x4 ST project. I too purchased an ST and over the past 16 months, was able to use everything you posted as a blueprint for bringing a great machine back to life.

In addition to the modifications and restoration techniques you shared, I replaced the ruined stock Honda engine with a Predator 670cc to increase the hp a bit at a relatively low cost and also had to swap an obsolete transfer case with a gearbox built by Ingersoll-Rand that was originally installed in a Club Car Carryall 1500.

The machine has hauled my little family of 6 up rocky rivers in the mountains, carried us through monsoon mud in the desert, made mailbox runs at the hand of my 4 year old, and is everything I hoped it would be.

A few shots attached, many more here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nuxq0f1v5...cyaFZNeRa?dl=0

Thanks again,

Justin Allen / Rufuss12
Where did you find the rear struts? Nice looking buggy man!
Old 12-01-2020, 12:29 PM   #105
TTA1437
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson624 View Post
Im currently look for some one to make some new gears my old ones are still useable as a pattern the inner edge looked to be factory so if you know anyone who would make some id be willing to send them to you since you cant get them.. i balt the last set team ind. had about three years ago. I new i had trans problems then. Just installed the this month.
Do you have the bearing part numbers for the Transmission? Thanks man
Old 07-06-2023, 07:46 PM   #106
ExhaustLeak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I ended up getting one loaned to me by a family member recently and found a "project" one on marketplace a week ago. Drove a couple hours and grabbed the second one knowing how hard they are to come by. The project one had the motor pulled due to an "oil leak" and was missing a rear diff lock solenoid. It did come with ROPS, rear hitch and front brush bar / headlight guard.

I swapped the accessories and using some of the tips on this forum have done the washer CVT adjustment, installed some alternate parts from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7SR8WT 2006-2022 Can-Am Commander Outlander OEM Front & Rear Differential Bellow

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BRKVYXYV Ezgo Txt Spring Bushing Kit, Golf Cart Rear Leaf Spring Polyurethane Bushing and Sleeves - These fit the front A-arms too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019XDDCGI Brake Pads BP-10 6407 - Wilwood

For a differential lock solenoid, I went the cheaper route of a P610-C1V12 Trombetta and a three pin Weatherpack connector for about $110. You may go with a China made solenoid to save a bit or for even less money maybe try wiring up a D610-C1V12.

Have some carb parts coming and will soon have that rebuilt, too.

Sure looks to be a tough machine with the galvanized frame, Wilwood brake components, braided steel lines, etc. It will be a handy and hopefully trouble-free addition for work around the property.
ExhaustLeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 06:42 AM   #107
ExhaustLeak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhaustLeak View Post
For a differential lock solenoid, I went the cheaper route of a P610-C1V12 Trombetta and a three pin Weatherpack connector for about $110.
Well that didn't work as I had hoped. The P610-C1V12 isn't a constant duty solenoid and it quickly burned out from overheating. Going to look for a China replacement of the original because the OEM style are getting up to nearly $200.
ExhaustLeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 08:22 AM   #108
garydee
Getting Wild

Cushman

Look for a D500 Pull Solenoid (about $99 on Amazon). Make certain that it's adjusted properly. When closed (pulled) it needs to go "all the way in". If I recall, higher amperage during the "pull" - amps drop once at the end of the stroke.
garydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts