lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Yam. SRV 540 swap into Columbia

CPP has the kevlar HD belts like used on utv, one of those might work. Sure works nice on my clone so far.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #22
Larboc
Getting Wild
Columbia

I found a snowmobile belt that works PERFECT. Shifts up on the trail but shifts down perfect when you get on it. Used it all summer, never thought to get pics or video and now it's snowing again. I think the stock belt was too short for the larger SRV primary.
I'm learning that the stock golf cart front end was not designed for speeds over 15mph. It get's really sketchy. I passed a RZR on the sled trail just for the hell of it this summer, definitely got a "what a dumb a**" look from the driver as I was swerving all over the trail at 40+.

I picked up a hyundai with a worn out suzuki in it for $100 that I'm going to rebuild or clone swap for a slower and more relaxing and drunk friendly cart, the columbia is too fast to drive without a helmet and being stone sober.
Larboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #23
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

LOL!

You're a trip. I bet that engine revs though! Prob loud as all he** too lol!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Time to find a trashed atv that can donate a disk brake front end to that cart.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #25
Larboc
Getting Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Time to find a trashed atv that can donate a disk brake front end to that cart.
Yip, that's exactly what I plan to do. Keeping an eye out. It could really benefit from the steering, suspension, and most of all front brakes.

Rear only drums that are out of adjustment don't really do a whole lot other than give you a false sense of security.
Larboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #26
Drudklr
Not Yet Wild

gettin all the parts together now to do the same thing, thanks for the helpful post.
Drudklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The best thing seems to be to get either a cart stock rack for the steering or a rack for a buggie build.....use that with the atv front, you have to locate it right so you don't have bump steer. It really works nice though.

On yamaha (some different carts use same drum brakes) they have a little adjuster that freezes up. My brakes were so-so and took them out to replace, turned out all I had to do is free up that thing and clean things up, sanded the drum a little, assembled and they lock up 22s if I really press them. My existing shoes were good, they work fine now. With the clone I'd like to have front brakes mostly for climbing as I rarely run flat out speed anyway.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #28
Myersckrl
Not Yet Wild

We are doing a JD liquid cool 340 in are parcar. was wondering about the angle of motor having any affect on motor.
Myersckrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:57 AM   #29
MariaNike
Not Yet Wild

Default -

The CSM 4G6x/4G61T harness is the same as the 90 DSM harness. Sure a 91 harness will work. But why mess around w/ a 91 harness when swapping 2 wires and the ignition stuff is enough?
Or did I misunderstand you?
MariaNike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps