lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2021, 10:24 PM   #1
Clong324
Not Yet Wild

Default ATV carb on 350??

So this is me just reaching out to see if has been done or if anyone has experimented with this. I have a 350 pre MCI engine. It is bored over 1.00mm and has a port and polished head. I have tried all kinds of combinations with jets in the carb, but on the very top end it cuts out like it is starving for fuel. And we all know these carbs that come on these engines have a small diameter. So I had a good carb that came off of a bear tracker 250 that I want to put on it. I know that a 250 is obviously smaller than a bored out 350. I have plenty of jets to try out for this carb. It is way bigger on the inner diameter so I figured why not try it out. I’ve tried to research this topic with no success. Has anyone out there ever put a different type carb on an EZGO engine??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clong324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2021, 10:57 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ATV carb on 350??

You sure it isn't cutting out on the rev limiter? The ignitor has an electronic limiter that kills spark at the limit...not sure what RPM...guess around 4k.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 07:51 AM   #3
Clong324
Not Yet Wild

It’s very inconsistent. When in neutral you can tell it’s the rev limiter. But when under a load on the top end it’s a longer cut out like starving for fuel.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:28 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Sounds like rev limiter to me.

Do you have a timing light? Hook it up to one of the plug wires and just watch it flash while you drive. I’ll bet dollars to donuts it quits flashing during the “cut out” and starts flashing again once it picks back up.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:19 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ll bet dollars to donuts
I haven't heard that one in a long time! I used to work with a guy that said that everyday. We'd place bets on whether or not he'd say it, or how many times. Good memories....

Anyway, back on subject....yeah I think you're right about the rev limiter
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:26 AM   #6
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I haven't heard that one in a long time! I used to work with a guy that said that everyday. We'd place bets on whether or not he'd say it, or how many times. Good memories....

Anyway, back on subject....yeah I think you're right about the rev limiter
Did you bet dollars, or donuts?
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:31 PM   #7
Clong324
Not Yet Wild

That’s a very good idea. I do have a timing light. But the weird thing, is you can tell 100% when in neutral that it the rev limiter but when under a load at wide open throttle it’s a long delay. Not a consistent rev limiter reaction.

Old 02-22-2021, 04:45 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clong324 View Post
That’s a very good idea. I do have a timing light. But the weird thing, is you can tell 100% when in neutral that it the rev limiter but when under a load at wide open throttle it’s a long delay. Not a consistent rev limiter reaction.

Correct. They behave differently under a lid. Probably cuts out for a few seconds or so (though it can seem like a lot longer at the time) under load. Rpm drops much more quickly when the engine is free spinning. When you’re driving it has the rotation of the wheels and clutches so it takes a little longer to drop.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO