lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

Default Body damage repair

Good morning BGW team!

I am going to attempt some minor body work on my 2010 Tomberlin E-Merge, and want to make sure I am going about this correctly- I have never done anything like this before!

I read the sticky and pulled out the following excerpt:
“Now you can do any bodywork that needs to be done, for filling scratches and gouges a polyester based finishing putty works the best for that, unlike the heavier "Bondo type" filler the finishing putty sand easier and doesn't tend to leave pinholes. I usually sand the putty with 240-320 grit dry paper then wax and grease again, remember wipe on wipe off.”

Does this apply to all body repair? I read on the Tomberlin website that the bodies are made of ABS plastic. I have a gouge/tear on my wheel well and was hoping someone could tell me exactly what repair material to use. Pictures of the damaged areas attached.

Thank you all- I appreciate all the advice on this forum!
Miznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Body damage repair

Try Isopon Plastic Bumper Repair. You can find it on Amazon. I bought a tub that just had the putty and hardener. It is currently unavailable but they have the kits available. I am sure there are videos out there on this and other products. Do a search for repairing plastic bumpers on cars. Of course it will need to be painted.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint