lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Belt Resources

After installing my VC625 in a 96CC, I think I would like to switch to a shorter belt. I have a couple interference issues on the front side, with a lot of room between the engine and transaxle. Hoping for a resource for belts of varying sizes, preferably double-cogged for extreme performance. I know the belt is 1-3/16" wide, but I'm not certain of its circumference.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Belt Resources

Don't know for sure, but I heard this company can do custom belt sizes, and/or match up appropriate belts.

https://www.powermotorsports.com/we-...r-utv--service
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You can use Dayco.com/parts and look at ATV or snowmobiles and use width and length chart to find your desired size. I found the 1 1/4 belt works fine on the comet 780 clutch. Once you have the dayco part # there are all kinds of places that sell them including E bay where often a deal can be had.For example if your present belt is 44" around the outside and you want to move your engine 2"s forward you need to find a 40" belt. P.S. Don't know length needed for a 625 swap but on my VC 460 powered G 14 I am using the Dayco XTX 2264 which measures 42.83 X 1.25 "'s and is rated for over 100 hp.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpro56 View Post
After installing my VC625 in a 96CC, I think I would like to switch to a shorter belt. I have a couple interference issues on the front side, with a lot of room between the engine and transaxle. Hoping for a resource for belts of varying sizes, preferably double-cogged for extreme performance. I know the belt is 1-3/16" wide, but I'm not certain of its circumference.
By chance do you have the old belt from the original setup? If so -- cut it and use it for a measuring rule. Put the engine where you want and wrap it around the pulleys and measure accordingly to determine the proper length belt.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
AaronW
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
By chance do you have the old belt from the original setup? If so -- cut it and use it for a measuring rule. Put the engine where you want and wrap it around the pulleys and measure accordingly to determine the proper length belt.
You can also use a piece of string to do this! A belt can always come in handy. Let's keep em around. :)
AaronW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:06 AM   #6
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW View Post
You can also use a piece of string to do this! A belt can always come in handy. Let's keep em around. :)
Junk is junk -- why not make a tool out of it. That's pretty handy.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #7
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

I threw my old belt away when I pulled it, I knew I would get a new one with the 625 and the existing belt was past due for replacement. Gonna give the string a shot and see if I can center this engine up a little bit. Hopefully Dayco has something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:44 AM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I have a Dayco HPX 2248 I used as A test belt.It measures 44.72 X 1.26 "'s. It was 2"'s too long for my set up. If it is what you need PM me and I'll give you a half price deal on it.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:14 PM   #9
9SecBuick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpro56 View Post
The belt in the kit is 42x1.188
9SecBuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:37 PM   #10
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I did the Dayco search and found. XTX2244=39.5 X 1.24, XTX2268=39.719 X 1.261 ,XTX2281=37.563 X 1.21, and XTX2282=37.625 X 1.26.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps