lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
ProSouth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Water sensitive DS ?

OK this could be a coincidence entirely , I have a 2001 Club Car DS just picked this cart up and working through everything ,

I read the great informative thread about the low buzzing sound coming from the dash similar to the Reverse but much quieter , during this time the lights and turn signals worked without the key switched turned on , after buzzing they returned to needing the key on to work as intended , this is obviously a problem needing attention

As suggested by the experts the sound went away after cart sat in the sun for several hours.

I have had two occasions when cart would not go in reverse and its always after a light rinse , I sprayed and cleaned the lever switch ( series cart) and after a few minutes its worked fine ( no low buzzing from behind dash this time though just normal alarm ) I'm thinking water in wiring harness ??????

I'm not drenching this cart and careful to avoided sensitive areas and electronics
ProSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Water sensitive DS ?

If I remember correctly, that cart has a has a resistor to give it half speed reverse. If any water gets in the contacts, that plus the resistor screw up the signal to the controller. I believe it is controlled by the back micro switch on the fnr switch. I'll look and see if I can find a diagram.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
ProSouth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSouth View Post
OK this could be a coincidence entirely , I have a 2001 Club Car DS just picked this cart up and working through everything ,

I read the great informative thread about the low buzzing sound coming from the dash similar to the Reverse but much quieter , during this time the lights and turn signals worked without the key switched turned on , after buzzing they returned to needing the key on to work as intended , this is obviously a problem needing attention

As suggested by the experts the sound went away after cart sat in the sun for several hours.

I have had two occasions when cart would not go in reverse and its always after a light rinse , I sprayed and cleaned the lever switch ( series cart) and after a few minutes its worked fine ( no low buzzing from behind dash this time though just normal alarm ) I'm thinking water in wiring harness ??????

I'm not drenching this cart and careful to avoided sensitive areas and electronics
Just to clarify I sprayed FnR switch with electrical cleaner and let dry
Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Should be a plug with white, green and black wires. Unhook and connect the white and green together with a jumper and test again. Make sure key is off and switch is in N before you do anything.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
ProSouth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Should be a plug with white, green and black wires. Unhook and connect the white and green together with a jumper and test again. Make sure key is off and switch is in N before you do anything.
Ok what are we testing with this setup , working now after dryout , I can maybe try this test in the AM .

Thanks for the reply
Old 09-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This should bypass the resistor in the wire loom that gives half speed reverse. If you go look at a wiring diagram, you will see where the white wire at the switch bypasses the resistor, black goes through it.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
ProSouth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Would this issue that causes the slight low frequency buzz , have anything to do with the following . I noticed that the lights/turn signals that are currently keyed through switch will come on without key inserted and turn signals during this condition.

After, I guess everything dries out they will go back to needing the key to function , this condition started mainly when I was cleaning tops of batteries and neutralizing acid , the wiring harness that travels the frame to the F&R switch starts there and is flex tube encased , could water be entering there and causing this , I didn't really wet in the front seat /storage area where the F&R switch is located ( this is a six seater cart )

Tags
ds club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car