lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

Question 1994 Club Car DS rear differential question

They say the only stupid question is the one not asked.....so here goes......should both rear wheels drive when the motor is engaged or just one?

I bought a "mechanic special" 1994 DS for $275.00 to use as a learning experience and it's proving to be just that. Wires were all cut, connections rusty and body beat to crap. Using the Club Car parts manual is making chasing wiring pretty easy and volt/ammeter makes determing what needs to be replaced or just needing to be cleaned pretty easy too. Pulled all the electronics and wiring and testing resistors, diode and checking conductivity and cleaning connections,...so far only replacing v wiper assembly ( rust issues and bolt holes corroded (plastic corrodes?) and microswitches on F/R selector plus changed to 4 gauge battery cables. May replace the solenoid just because it's cheap and it's already out (so why put the old back in?) and praying that the speed control is good. (not sure how to bench test it but maybe with some research????) So as I'm waiting for mail order parts to come in.....I jumped the terminals and wired directly to the battery to, at least, feel like I've been accomplishing something and happily, the motor ran like wild fire but only the left wheel spun. I manually spun the right wheel, which resisted at first but then it loosened and spun. It feels to me like it's geared because it doesn't spin freely like it would if it was designed to be free spinning. After sitting a bit, I ran the motor and still only the left tire spun. Once more the right resisted to be spun by hand but finally gave in and spun but not easily. I think it's geared and maybe a pin came out?????????

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have the back jacked up with both wheels off the ground while doing this.

P.S.S. Looking at parts diagram blow up, I believe the axel is geared with teeth, so it should be engaging something.

Last edited by kramsee; 10-03-2011 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: added info
kramsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 Club Car DS rear differential question

You could have a brake hanging up. You should be able to spin it by hand easily.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear axel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car