lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Battery Fill System Issue

Hey, I've got a cart with T-105's and a BFS battery fill system. I was experiencing overflow with charging, and the BFS is supposed to close a valve when it gets full, so I pulled the whole thing off to look at the water levels.

the dark green and red were a bit over and under, respectively, but I was especially surprised with one battery. The outside cells were low, to where they needed a refill, and the centre one had water nearly pouring out. Is there a way to tell if the BFS is broken, or could one of the caps be for the wrong type of battery? Any help is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png batts.png (22.7 KB, 2 views)
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Fill System Issue

The dealer where I bought Mrs. G's cart said the fill systems are crap. I pulled mine off and put caps back on. When I fill the batteries I KNOW that they are right. Now, do you trust yours?
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
cartboy
Gone Wild

I have talked about it before, but the autofill systems that came with our fleet of 2008, first-run EZGo RXVs are unreliable.

At first, they never indicated being low when cells were low (some actually went totally dry without the indicators depressing at all).

In short, they gave false good readings.

EZGo replaced the floats with ones with shorter stems. I am convinced they give the opposite readings, false lows. When I pop the caps off those with low indicators, they always have adequate fluid.

Some of our low-tech techs (anyone/everyone on the staff is allowed to service the batteries) don't give it a second thought and were filling the batteries daily (a 20 Round maintenance item). Servicing batteries at our place is not considered to be a job to be entrusted to the most reliable employees.

Cells were overfilling daily and boiling over during charging. Our batteries are 12-volt ones, with low amounts of fluid to begin with, so daily boil-over was getting rid of the good stuff.

The EZGo rep told our Pro the batteries cannot be overfilled using the system, but the rep is not familar with the problems we have had, and our Pro is new this year.

I finally got the Pro to allow battery maintenance only every 2 weeks. There is a caveat that batteries are to be checked in between maintenance, and I always lift the seat when I wash carts, but no one else does. Now that I don't wash carts any more, well . . .

Still, you have to pop the caps off each cell to know for sure where the fluid level is. Of course, no one does.

The longer stems were too long to depress at low fluid levels and the shorter stems are too short, and depress when fluid level is adequate. I don't trust the autofill system, or the gun used with it, as it takes a delicate touch.

I should add that times are tough for many/most golf courses, and when it comes to the hired help, you can't expect much for minimum wage. It is what it is and you get what you give. & some places the cart attendants work just for golf and tips.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't take this as offensive. Get rid of that stupid system, stop being lazy and fill the batteries yourself. If you have to rely on a system to maintain your cart, you should not own one in the first place. That was not pointed at anyone individually just as a general public statement.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So that's how you got so many posts so quick.....public statements.....

BTW....is your cart done yet?
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
so that's how you got so many posts so quick.....public statements.....

Btw....is your cart done yet?
owned.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Damm you 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gman I told you the other day you got it coming, and Pete i told you earlier today already.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Talk, talk, talk.....LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Threats....from Texas.....I am scared......oh, wait....I will just out run him in one of my 2 functioning carts.....
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #10
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i quit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO