lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
14Kuntry
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Angry 2000 Club Car electrical issues

First off since I read the rules and noticed that I shouldn’t put “Newbie” in the title column I must warn you that I am just that. A Newbie. Here’s the problem that I am having:

I bought a 2000 Club Car (48V) a couple of weeks ago. I drove it off the trailer and into my garage and that’s it. The very first time I tried to take it out the Gremlin reared its ugly head! I press the gas pedal and it jumps and sputters. (sorry it’s the best way to describe it). To combat it I messed with the wire's on the F&R switch and it went back to normal. Weird! Anywho, I drove it for 3 weeks on and off w/ no problem. This past weekend with the family on board it started to do it again. I did the exact same thing with the wires and it started as if nothing was wrong. Later that night a buddy and I were out on a ride and again……….But this time it didn’t stop. We took (Pushed) it back to the house and put it into the garage. After a couple of hours of being perplexed, I went out, turned the key on, pressed the petal and **** if it didn’t take off like normal………..I am completely lost here……..an suggestions?????
14Kuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car electrical issues

I had the same problem with a 95,after checking throttle resistance I changed the controller,problem gone,when the owner picked it up thats when he told me he had throughly pressure washed it when the problem started.Thanks Dude-you could have told me!!!Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

I must be asleep,you said 2000 cc,could be a regen,differant animal,need more info on cart,I'll go back to sleep.Dave
Old 09-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
14Kuntry
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet View Post
I had the same problem with a 95,after checking throttle resistance I changed the controller,problem gone,when the owner picked it up thats when he told me he had throughly pressure washed it when the problem started.Thanks Dude-you could have told me!!!Dave
Controller? Be more Specific. HAHAHA told you I was new.

What info do you need? A0005 is the first 4 of the serial #
Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #5
14Kuntry
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Nevermind the controller thing. I did some reading. Still lost though.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it is the cart in your avatar it looks like a late 2000,does have a tow/run switch under the seat?is the foward/reverse a rocker type switch or a lever that rotates forward to reverse?Dave
Old 09-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
14Kuntry
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

No tow run switch.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
14Kuntry
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Kuntry View Post
No tow run switch.
The lever rotates left to right.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #9
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the cart dead now?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
14Kuntry
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

No, I pulled the F&R switch last night and replaced it. I had to get some hardware today so I haven’t been able to try it out. I also just got back from the Club Car dealership/shop here in Charleston and I showed them the old one and the pointed out that one of the terminals on the back side had melted. That’s probably what it is. I didn’t even notice it last night. Evidently one of the nuts was loose and the switch is bad. I guess I’ll find out later tonight after work.

To answer your question, its not dead. It would run just fine and I would back out of the driveway or go around a corner and it would start hesitating. Once stopped it would go again. I would have to move the F&R switch from neutral to Forward for it to go. Finally that stopped working. I am hoping that this is the fix…… again I'm a :newbie:
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car