lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

Default More help with my old Melex!

OK I'm making progress now.....bought new batteries, and wired in a new resistor with 4 new cables. The only problem I have left is that the old owner or someone must have wired something wrong, or maybe that switch on the other side of the board that the resistor cables go on is bad. I think it's called a microswitch, when you press the accelerator that's the switch I'm talking about, it has a metal contact that is released and does not touch when you press the accelerator. Anyway I noticed that this switch has 2 wires going to it and one of the wires goes to a small terminal on the solenoid, and the other wire was just hanging but it looked like it went to the other terminal on the microswitch, so I connected it but the cart would not go. Until I tried touching the hanging terminal to the same small terminal on the solenoid, then the cart will go. Does this mean that that microswitch is bad, or is something wired wrong? If so can I get one of these at Home Depot or an electrical place, or do I need to go to a cart shop?

One last thing, any way to tell what year my cart is? The model says Melex 252 and someone once said that the serial number last 2 digits was the year, but in that case mine would be 71 for 1971. Can this cart really be that old?
mobilefleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: More help with my old Melex!

not sure what year car you have..

That micro is probably bad, and it should be the same as some micros on old ez-go stuff.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think Tim is right - bad micro switch. If you are sure of your model #252 your cart is not that old. I have a 212. Made between 75 and 85. Google and check out the history of melex carts on Vintage golf carts. Lots of info for old melexs there and the part you need maybe......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

The cart is running great now, put a new microswitch in. It's an ugly beat up cart, but it's just for running around the property in and going 4 houses down to the in-laws house. Plus I'm too lazy to walk up my driveway and get the mail so I use it for that too. So far the best guess I have as to year is 1985 or 86, since they started making the 252 in 1985 from what I've found.
mobilefleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:23 PM   #5
speedracer420
Not Yet Wild

Where. Do you have the two wires from micro switch hooked up?
speedracer420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex