lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
glowballgolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default Charges?? in motion.

have a 1994 txt ez-go and I'm wondering does this cart have a device that helps charge the batteries while the cart is moving??? I just purchased ti
his cart and already gone thru the batteries and replaced the bad ones.
Also have cleaned the connections, but seems that cart charge dont last as long as it should. Volt meter checks all batterirs between 6.9 and 7.0 when fully charged. what else can I check if theres no device to help prevent premature loss of voltage.
Thanks, Dave
glowballgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
glowballgolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charges?? in motion.

after letting set awile the reading have setted in at 6.5 to 6.6 for the batteries. Volts at charging port is 39.0
Any input is greatly appreciated.
i have no electrical or cart repair experience so I'm not sure of the working components in the cart or what they do.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
ez rider 95
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

do you have a load tester or can you borrow one you could have a battery that drops voltage under a load, do you let the batteries charge until charger shuts off,how long did you wait after charging to recheck voltage 45 min.at least,also tug around on the cables to make sure they are in good condition. I dont think the regen motors came out till the late 90s that put a little charge back in the batteries
ez rider 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

If you don't have ready access to a good load tester then check each cell of each battery with a good temperature correcting hydrometer.

How long is "dont last as long as it should"?

How old are the batteries?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
glowballgolfer
Not Yet Wild

i am 6.6 to 6.5 two hours after charging. I can barrow a load tester from my brother in law to check the load. thanks for the info on wether it charges while moving. I thought that like an altenator when it moves something might add a little charge to extend life to the batts. I'll let you know when I check with loadd tester and what I find out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO