lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2021, 02:03 PM   #1
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

Default Plumquick Bandit Question

I am thinking about sending my 48v Precedent motor to Plumquick for the Bandit upgrade. According to Plumquick's website, the Bandit upgrade is designed to work with stock controllers. With the stock controller I should get up to 20-24mph. I was wondering if I had the controller upgraded to speed code 4, would that give me additional benefits or speed with the Bandit motor upgrade? Anyone have any experience with Plumquick or got the Bandit upgrade done?
NOLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #2
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Plumquick Bandit Question

I did the Plumbquick update on my buddies 2017 Precedent that was 'bone stock' aside from the lift and bigger tires, back seat, extended roof, etc... He was seeing about 17/18 on average with the stock setup. When the PQ motor was put back in he's over 20+ with nothing else done and is quite happy with the results. It was just the performance tweak he was looking for.

The work was very simple as the cart is relatively new with not a lot of miles on it.
rowlands57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:08 PM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA26 View Post
I am thinking about sending my 48v Precedent motor to Plumquick for the Bandit upgrade. According to Plumquick's website, the Bandit upgrade is designed to work with stock controllers. With the stock controller I should get up to 20-24mph. ....
We had our stock GE motor rebuilt with the Plumquick Bandit upgrade.
We bought the cart a year ago and it seemed like a good time to freshen up the unknown condition 17 year old motor before upgrading to a 400A controller.
Plumquick installs a 4-pole "speed magnet" as part of the rebuild which gives the speed improvement.
Ours would do 16-17 mph on flat ground stock and 20-21 mph with the Plumquick Bandit motor.
After installing an Alltrax 400A controller it will now do 28-29 mph.
The "speed magnet" is not needed for the Alltrax.
An AMD motor can handle the Alltrax 500A controller so it probably would go a bit faster.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:17 PM   #4
Camaro69
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA26 View Post
I am thinking about sending my 48v Precedent motor to Plumquick for the Bandit upgrade. According to Plumquick's website, the Bandit upgrade is designed to work with stock controllers. With the stock controller I should get up to 20-24mph. I was wondering if I had the controller upgraded to speed code 4, would that give me additional benefits or speed with the Bandit motor upgrade? Anyone have any experience with Plumquick or got the Bandit upgrade done?
Looking to do the same.

Currently stock controller on my 2018 Precedent, speed code 4 and getting a high of 20mph.

PQ has informed me on two different occasions that I should get 25-28mph with the Bandit upgrade.
Camaro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:58 PM   #5
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

Plumbquick responded to my email today and told me that any the Bandit upgrade will override the speed code 4 setting so there would be no benefit to getting that done.
NOLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:26 PM   #6
ringkingpin
Not Yet Wild

Speed magnet? lol. Ok... The top speed of the cart all depends on what the top RPM of the motor is.
ringkingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car