lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 AM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default How to make my Precedent i2 go as fast as possible!

Hi there. I live overseas on an island where only golf carts are allowed as private vehicles and I have just bought a new Precedent i2 Villager 4 electric golf cart (my old petrol Parcar having recently been destroyed by a lorry).

I have gone from the fastest cart on the road (no speed dial so I don't know how fast) to the slowest and am finding this super-frustrating.

I am here on a mission to make my cart as fast as possible. I am prepared to buy anything that will help, but will probably need to get most items shipped here from the USA. So far I have worked out that the i2 comes with a programmable speed controller that I can get the dealer to adjust (assuming that they have the right programmer), but have no idea if there are better speed controllers on the market that I should replace this with. I have also read about lift kits, but don't know what the optimum lift and wheel replacement options would be, and how much difference this would make to performance. And then there are possibly things I can do to the motor, or should I even change the motor?

I'm dedicated to this cause. Right now I understand that the i2 maxes out at just 14mph/23kph and that the stock controller might allow the speed to be adjusted up to 19mph/31kph. This isn't going to be enough! Grateful for any experience that others here might have to share...
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car